Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Introduce yourself

Old 21-12-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
Golden Oldie

Car: 1992 Mazda Astina
New BG owner, sayin' g'day!

I registered here a few weeks ago but, didn't introduce myself. Too caught up with wanting answers and forgot about the now.

What a great site this is. The guys have helped me so much.

well, hello. My name is Kerri and live in central west, NSW. Out in the sticks but can't quite see red dirt.

I'm not a young person, however, still remember the days of illegal drag racing (of which I participated) at a place called 'Brickies, in Sydney back in the 1970's. Maybe some of you know about this? Used to go meet at Big Chief on Parramatta road on a Sunday night.

Anyway, I just purchased a 1992 ASTINA. Love it and have lots of questions??? I have always taken pride in my cars and don't wish to stop now. I don't think I will ever grow up. That sounds too boring.

Ya never know, maybe I will be able to help others here one day?!?!?! Heck! I will try.

So that's me. Nice to meet you all and apologise in advance if I drive you crazy with questions and putting out an SOS.

take care
Old 21-12-2008, 03:04 PM   #2
Moons

Car: 1991 Mazda 323 Astina BG
Send a message via MSN to Moons
Another one to the small army of BG's
Old 21-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #3
Golden Oldie

Hi Moony!

YUP! another proud BG owner. You only have to look at these cars and see the potential. Not that they need much.

nice to be a part of this community.
Old 30-01-2009, 11:50 PM   #4
Golden Oldie

Please allow me to explain and add to who I am and my apologies in advance if I drive you NUTS! with questions....I have asked so many so far and appreciate every word.

I am almost 52yrs old. A pensioner and a grandma with very little funds, but, an old girl with a lot of guts. Getting my hand dirty is something I am not afraid of and, if that means jumping under my own car to fix a problem, within my power, to save money ....So be it!

In my youth I was a Tom Boy and spent all my spare time under the bonnet of a car. I have no regrets turning down a mechanic aprenticeship (sp?) when I was 18yrs old because at the end of the day, I am a GIRL and a part of me loves a male person to help.

I did learn a lot back in the days of carburetors and Sandman V8's. Actually, is it in my mind to say.....motors and mechanics were so much easier back in those days before computers?

Today, I am a geek with laptops and PC's and tech stuff, but! bring on the complexity of the fuel injection and cramped engine parts under the bonnet with at least half a dozen tiny computers, telling the car to do this and do that, I am lost.
I used to once, not just fit my hand between motor parts, but, I am sure I could have fit my whole body and still had room to spare. These days is scary.

So...that is me. Lost in the world of new technology, regarding cars and have, and will, via your patience, help me as much as you can when things go wrong with my Astina.

The bottom line is, I have bought a lemon. I love her, but, she is sick. One day she will be OK, one day at a time. She is worth fixing.

If I can do it myself, I will.

Cheers! and thanks for having me here.
Old 31-01-2009, 02:01 AM   #5
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
welcome to agt well im a few weeks too late BUT i hope we can support you with any information that you need. other ppl more than me i just babble on about bs haha i have to agree with you, older cars without ecus were so much better cus they were easier to work on
Tony
Old 31-01-2009, 04:31 AM   #6
wcp1195

Car: astina 1991
from malaysia with love

just wanna say hi to everyone...
wcp1195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 09:10 AM   #7
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Oldie View Post
I'm not a young person, however, still remember the days of illegal drag racing (of which I participated) at a place called 'Brickies, in Sydney back in the 1970's.
welcome! ... dad has ranted on about that place a couple of times

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote