Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 06-05-2006, 09:47 PM   #1
LordWorm

Car: .
New PB!!!

Took the car out to willowbank tonight... got it down to 16.174@84.11mph, with a stock engine... this firms the car up as the fastest stock motor sp20 that I know about..

The run wasnt so great, I had traction problems all night (cold air is great for power, but not so great for putting it to the black top). So there is probably room for a bit more speed with some better rubber (still running stock factory delivered rubber that is 3 years old and rock hard...). But thats the last outing for stock.. now its time for mods!!!!!..

Appart from that, ran really consitantly all night. Ran 16.2s all night appart from the PB and my last run, which i stuffed up big time. 60 foot times were all around 2.3s, RTs were all pretty close to each other.

P.S. Gav, dont feel so bad about not showing up, you wouldn't have beaten me anyway
LordWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2006, 10:27 PM   #2
twilightprotege
Driving a faster car now!

Car: Lotus ....... .
yeah you had a good night!

i got a 60ft pb for the record - 2.036
twilightprotege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:41 PM   #3
Ripper323
Carless Bum

Car: whatever I can borrow
When you say stock motor you mean the car is as it came from the show room? No mods at all for performance?
Good time too, must be happy with that.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWorm
Took the car out to willowbank tonight... got it down to 16.174@84.11mph, with a stock engine... this firms the car up as the fastest stock motor sp20 that I know about..

The run wasnt so great, I had traction problems all night (cold air is great for power, but not so great for putting it to the black top). So there is probably room for a bit more speed with some better rubber (still running stock factory delivered rubber that is 3 years old and rock hard...). But thats the last outing for stock.. now its time for mods!!!!!..

Appart from that, ran really consitantly all night. Ran 16.2s all night appart from the PB and my last run, which i stuffed up big time. 60 foot times were all around 2.3s, RTs were all pretty close to each other.

P.S. Gav, dont feel so bad about not showing up, you wouldn't have beaten me anyway
congrats

now you have proved your car is quick in a straight line does this mean you are going to enter it in some real motorsport? the queensland challenge is looming and even closer is a motorkhana on the north coast ... so what do ya say??

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:54 PM   #5
LordWorm

Ripper323: yes, stock motor, stock factory delivered rubber thats WAYYYY to old to be doing the 60 foot times its doing. The car isnt strictly stock though. Weight reduction, removal of rear wing, removal of front splash guard....so yes that has alot to do with it... but i'd hazard a guess that when mazda do their runs for the spec sheets, they are not in full street trim....they'd be doing anything to inflate the results

I am really happy with the time, not happy with how many runs it took me to get it. Was really hoping for a 16.100 or faster given the air temps, but the track was that cold, i couldnt get traction at my launch RPM, and lowering the launch RPM seriously screws with my times...bit of traction loss for a consistant 16.2, vs no traction loss and 16.4......With some better rubber hooking up, i reckon 16 flat isnt out of the question for the car in its current state. Next time it runs out i'll be making buttloads more power...

Consistancy is what i'm most happy with... Twiggy was mildly impressed with how close all my runs were together... Mph, 60 foot, ET and RT were all pretty well on a par all night long..

Nate: Err... stock suspension bud...and the Missus would never forgive me if i say, got it airborne and slammed into a tree/pole/spectator, so no...

and real motorsport? pfffffft drag racing is racing in its purest form! :P *straps on flame suite*

Got creamed by a 911 GT3 on my first run... but we sorted him out! found what could be queenslands second fastest XR6-T and lined him up with the GT3 lated in the night.... GT3 got its ass handed to it on a plate

Last edited by LordWorm; 06-05-2006 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:09 PM   #6
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Quote:
Nate: Err... stock suspension bud...and the Missus would never forgive me if i say, got it airborne and slammed into a tree/pole/spectator, so no...

and real motorsport? pfffffft drag racing is racing in its purest form! :P *straps on flame suite*
do i hear whips cracking?

its a grass event nothing to loose nothing to damage ... comeon!!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Old 06-05-2006, 11:12 PM   #7
LordWorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
do i hear whips cracking?

its a grass event nothing to loose nothing to damage ... comeon!!
nate nate nate nate nate

:P

just cos you cant beat me down the quarter :P

Nah mate, rallying doesnt particularlly interest me... keen for a whip around nebo though when i get the T1Rs and superlows..
Old 06-05-2006, 11:24 PM   #8
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Quote:
nate nate nate nate nate

:P

just cos you cant beat me down the quarter :P

Nah mate, rallying doesnt particularlly interest me... keen for a whip around nebo though when i get the T1Rs and superlows..
not talking about rallying but ill hold you to that last offer ...

I THINK I AM N2!
Old 07-05-2006, 06:16 AM   #9
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
Go the internet racers...
Keep talking ya selves up boys...
It does wonders for your charisma!!!
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:44 AM   #10
boostedbatman
Manpink Crusader

Car: 1990 GD mx6 F2T, and soon I might drive the batmoobile once again
Send a message via MSN to boostedbatman
I dont like wearing sleeves
boostedbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:13 AM   #11
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
Good work Lordworm, i so have to go back downa agian soon to beat my PB.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:44 AM   #12
dru
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Mazda Astina BG SP
Send a message via MSN to dru
Quote:

I was wondering whose Astina that was! I was there aswell but my astina was out the back Nice runs I have to say though! And even better considering it's stock! I always wanted to know how my car (being SP aswell) would go, now I know

btw - did anyone see the race between the Diahatsu Mike (that 3 cylinder turbo thing) vs. a Turbo Mighty Boy? Both were running bout 18sec's all night lol.

Last edited by dru; 07-05-2006 at 08:46 AM.
dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:16 AM   #13
boostedbatman
Manpink Crusader

Car: 1990 GD mx6 F2T, and soon I might drive the batmoobile once again
Send a message via MSN to boostedbatman
Quote:
Originally Posted by dru
I was wondering whose Astina that was! I was there aswell but my astina was out the back Nice runs I have to say though! And even better considering it's stock! I always wanted to know how my car (being SP aswell) would go, now I know

btw - did anyone see the race between the Diahatsu Mike (that 3 cylinder turbo thing) vs. a Turbo Mighty Boy? Both were running bout 18sec's all night lol.
Yeah but SP20 and BG SP are two totally different things and should not be compared, but I do get the dig( )

And I did see the Daihatsu run a 20sec
boostedbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:34 AM   #14
project.r.racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedbatman
And I did see the Daihatsu run a 20sec
shame but at least the runner was giving it a go!
Old 07-05-2006, 09:37 AM   #15
twilightprotege
Driving a faster car now!

Car: Lotus ....... .
that's what drag racing is all about - getting out there and racing. no body cares how slow you are, what matters is that you're doing the best you can and having fun at the same time in a safe environment (ie vs street)
twilightprotege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:41 AM   #16
project.r.racing

that would have to be the smartest thing to come out of anyones mouth for a while. but not just drag racing but all motorsports.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:43 AM   #17
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightprotege
no body cares how slow you are
You and I might think that, but there is evidence to the contrary that others are somewhat more competitive towards other's times whence we could not give a **** about any but our own time...

That's a really good time Greg. When I am not busy with work I will most likely go up on my own with the car prepared properly to counter my fat arse. I still haven't done the TB engine coolant bypass modification on my engine like you have yet, so it will be interesting to see what that yields on a cold night.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:45 AM   #18
project.r.racing

so is there a engine mod done? this would not be a stock SP20 then yes?
Old 07-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #19
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
No, he's only modified the air intake, panel filter?, diverted the hot engine coolant away from the TB and taken 60kg out of the car, the engine is stock cuz.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:35 AM   #20
project.r.racing

so my extractors and exhaust don't count also as my engine is stock? cool!!! so i got a stock engine also.