Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Introduce yourself

Old 26-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
devoid

Car: Mitsubishi Magna sedan 99
SJH-69R - wake up to yourself

This Guy had your astinagt.com sticker on his rear window so maybe you guys know him, maybe not.

I was driving my 1 year old son home from swimming lessons in Rutherford today and this Guy was so far up My arse he could have massaged my tonsils while he was there.

I was doing about 50 In a 70 zone comming up to a 60 zone and a roundabout with nowhere to go because of traffic. he squeezed past when we got to dual laned. I waved my little pinky at him, he then wound down his passenger window and proceeded to abuse me out the window, didn't hear what he said but it was probably not "sorry for being a wanker".

I then sat directly behind him in traffic for 5 minutes until he decided he would weave through traffic back and forth for a few minutes and get 3 cars ahead, I then lost him as I went through maitland and he got stuck in traffic on the highway, as I got to east maitland, out of nowhere at the Melbourne St intersection he cuts me off from the left turning lane into the slow lane to slide in ahead of me in the intersection...

The Guy is a loose Canon and he is going to get someone killed. Please can you talk to him about this.
devoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 26-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Quote:
Originally Posted by devoid View Post
I was doing about 50 In a 70 zone.
Don't know the person but I'm guessing this pissed the guy off an maybe other traffic behind you.

It might considered. wrong - unethical. But it's not uncommon.

Im guessing it was not a dual lane area and so you could not sit in he left and let others past who want to do speed limit or more.

I'm not going to stick up for that person. Because I don't know the complete situation. What I do know is if your not doing the speed limit these days. Expect to cop tail gaters. Or other drivers who do.

I understand you might have your Son with you. It's not a nice feeling. But in our majory citys and urban areas. This is a common problem.
I don't think you will find the owner or that person will actually give a dam. Because from there point of view, you were in the wrong.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
xeon8

Car: 2000 Mazda BJI Protege
Quote:
I was doing about 50 In a 70 zone
By law you can't go below 11kp/h of the speed limit; if anything you should have been doing at least 60kp/h (59 to be technical...). When you hit the 60 zone, then you can slow down to about 50.

Quote:
...he then wound down his passenger window and proceeded to abuse me out the window, didn't hear what he said but it was probably not "sorry for being a wanker".
Common problem, in SA at least. Wouldn't doubt this anywhere else though. Its times like these when you wish there were cops following behing to see whats going on.

2010-2014: 2000 Mazda 323 Protege
2014 - 2016: 1991 Toyota MR2 SW20
2016 - Err, 2016: 2002 Mazda 323 Astina SP20
2016 - Err, uh, 2016: 1991 Mazda MX5 NA
2016 - 2017: 2000 Alfa 916 Spider
2017 - 2018: 2007 Alfa Brera
2018 - Current: 2018 Mazda 3 SP25
xeon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
Rhys

Car: 2000 BJ Protege
I'm not defending what that person did but doing 50 in a 70 zone is very frustrating and provoking him probably wasn't the best idea.

In saying this, there's no reason to abuse people and weaving in traffic doesn't get you anywhere any quicker. We're generally a good sort here so maybe he was just having a bad day.
Rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
sorry guys but i'd find it hard to do 70 if i had traffic infront/around me also.

there is no excuse for tailgating. plain and simple. dual lanes and broken white line exsist for passing slower vehicles.

i wouldn't recommend waving your little pinky at other drivers either. these days you never know what kinda psycho is behind the wheel, which is kinda scary in itself.
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
devoid

Car: Mitsubishi Magna sedan 99
I don't believe I made my point well about doing 50ks, there was traffic in front and it was physically impossible to move faster unless I had a snow plow to collect the cars in front of me heh
devoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
Perhaps the person bought the car with a sticker on it already?
Perhaps it was rush hour and everyone was doing 50?
Perhaps if it was a cop behind you and no congestion you would have gotten a fine for disrupting the flow of traffic?
Perhaps that person had a emergency of some kind, and he saw you as holding them up for no apparent reason?
I don't know I wasn't there to see the full thing unfold.
I am not defending what anyone did (you included) but sometimes it takes more than one person to cause a incident. People just seem to forget that. Provoking someone is not a good idea, ESP if you have a child on board. You never know when someone is goin to snap and ram you for something they perceived as offensive
If your child was not feeling well and you were rushing to the hospital, would to still be found 20 under? Or would you be doing 5-10 over trying to get there as quick as possible. You can't answer this truthfully untill you have been in the situation..

Edit
Other posts appeared now and some of my point s are invalid

Last edited by 70NYD; 26-05-2012 at 01:34 PM.
70NYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
DavoAust

Car: Red '93 3000GT / Black '08 Ninja 250R
Send a message via MSN to DavoAust
I can understand being angry because you have the kid in the car and all but rude gestures are just going to get you abused.

Might help to actually describe the car, NSW members may only know it by sight and not plates. Not much we can really do anyway, except give them sh*t on here

If he 'came out of nowhere' you probably should check your mirrors more often. You should be aware of 1.5t of metal approaching you at speed
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT
DavoAust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #9
mikey_something

Car: 1998 Toyota Supra 3.0L Twin Turbo
Uhh think we're all missing a point out of this.
This post at the very least is a reminder that if you've got the site logo on the car, you're representing the site, don't be a dick.

Who cares of the details, it annoyed him enough to join a car forum he'll probly never post in again.
That's reasonably significant.
mikey_something is offline   Reply With Quote