Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > NSW

Old 10-04-2003, 05:37 AM   #1
dfvadr

Car: ss , sp20 , 94ba
[color=#000000ost_uid0]well last sunday wollongong was not the place to be with ur car more cops an rta then the army has soldiers they were certanly having a ball any-one go in there might have more news off the day[/colorost_uid0]
- 18"ame's
- custom interior
- kenwood head unit , pioneer speakers driven by 800 watt amp , kicker subs driven by 1000 watt amps each sub [135.2db at supernats], two 1th caps 4 tv screens dvd player
- xbox
- airbag suspension with gas strut towers
- custom plates an airbrushing on bonnet
dfvadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2003, 08:30 AM   #2
sik astina

Car: Ba 1.8L Turbo astina
Send a message via MSN to sik astina
[color=#0000FFost_uid8]I havnt been going to south on the Sundays no more coz of the cops. I went in last sunday for the 1st time in a while and saw heaps of cops. they standed at that round about on both sides. I blew out... i done a U turn and went straight home lol. well the only thing they might get me is for the pod. but didnt want to risk it. I saw a lot of done up cars. lots of skylines in there. its only getting worse here, hope it gets better.

-Mick[/colorost_uid8]
Old 10-04-2003, 09:24 PM   #3
Laser the Amazer

Send a message via ICQ to Laser the Amazer Send a message via MSN to Laser the Amazer
[color=#000000ost_uid0]yeah i went 4 a quick drive in there as i was nearly half way there after being where i had to go

it looked like nearly every hwy patrol car in wollongong was there

havent the cops got better things to do then just sit there and defect as many cars as possible

yeah mick i hope it gets better as well

robert[/colorost_uid0]
Old 10-04-2003, 11:27 PM   #4
Asterix
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Ex Astina, ex R34, ex 850R, currently Polo GTi
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Sounds like Canberra's SumerNats!
Lots of cops with RTA guys in the back seat with soundmeters.[/colorost_uid0]
Asterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 01:28 AM   #5
Toyboy

Car: Ba Astina
Send a message via MSN to Toyboy
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Could explain why there has been an abundance of sydney cars coming to Newcastle :O
Last weekend was crazy in the forshore,there was no parking,and it was bumber to bumper all the was through,great atmosphere Havent seen the RTA out defecting for ages,i recon they are planning the big 1 soon [/colorost_uid0]
Old 11-04-2003, 05:32 AM   #6
dfvadr

[color=#000000ost_uid0]i think wen i get my car back ill check with my mate in the detective side off things weather there is a raid or not before i go in there its not the fact that u overlook sumthing that is a defect , its the humiliation an inconvinience they cause that i dont like i just like to enjoy my car drive where i want wen i want hassle free[/colorost_uid0]
- 18"ame's
- custom interior
- kenwood head unit , pioneer speakers driven by 800 watt amp , kicker subs driven by 1000 watt amps each sub [135.2db at supernats], two 1th caps 4 tv screens dvd player
- xbox
Old 11-04-2003, 05:55 AM   #7
SehnKhan

Car: .
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Ahh police . . . I think the only reason why they crackdown so hard on motorists has got to be something to do with the amount of police shootings. By this I mean when police open fire on criminals. Think about it, for every fine they issue it raises revenue. Where is it going? Certainly not into improving roads (although sometimes we see councils identifying "black spots", but the council has to fund that by use of other shifty business). The police must be using this revenue to cover up the red tape left behind when they foul up.

And I know what I have said is by no means the most intelligent or correct thing to say, but sometimes I just wonder about the systems that are in place . . . and wonder why it seems that civilians and police have 2 different sets of rules, yet the police think only they have power to act on it when someone ****s up.[/colorost_uid0]
SehnKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 07:18 PM   #8
Trav
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 1995 BA Astina
Send a message via MSN to Trav Send a message via Yahoo to Trav
[color=#3A6EA5ost_uid0]it' a reciprical argument which causes the problem...

My idea is thus:

To reduce crime Police need to be visible - this means more Police on our roads/streets just patrolling - not hasssling, just patrolling. You can't honesly tell me that when you see a police car you don't check you speedo and ensure you are doing the limit...etc...

Problem with this is - where does the money come frmo to pay these guys. When crime reduces then no revenue (fines/convictions...).

For instance - Victoria now has those permanant speed cameras that are pulling in something like $16M per year, but at the same time Bracksie put another 30,000 Police throught the Academy.

So in short
more police = less crime
less crime = less revenue
less revenue = less police

Mathematically this is not correct, but well accountants are in a league of the own now aren't they...[/colorost_uid0]
Old 12-04-2003, 07:55 PM   #9
dfvadr

[color=#000000ost_uid0]in responce to the revenue thing these busts are organized by the rta they even hire the police cops love it get to check out the cars make out there authority and there on overtime[/colorost_uid0]
- 18"ame's
- custom interior
- xbox