Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Classifieds > Group Buys & Special Offers

Old 09-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #161
chewyryce

Car: NA MX5
dump it at ryans house like everything else :P
Old 09-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #162
Rhys

Car: 2000 BJ Protege
haha i have room at mine but the that leaves loading/unloading and also the fact that i'm in thorneside and we'll need to bring em over to Jareds eventually to get them put in!
Rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #163
phildough
Banned

Car: 2002 Mazda Frankenstina
I have spoken to Jared and he is able to collect all the engines in the back of his ute and on a trailer if we can't figure something out.
We will have an engine crane if we are not strong enough to lift the engines off the back of the trailer when we get to his place.
phildough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #164
TheMAN

Car: .
the engines are pretty heavy
me and my mate had a hard time getting a complete FS-DE without the intake manifold onto the back of a Dodge pickup
Old 09-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #165
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
haha my parents would kill you chewy haha. anyway I have a crane here which isn't needed for a few weeks until I find a suitable engine to go into mine.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #166
maztech

Car: ......
Could get the pallet sent to my work , then I could split em up and deliver them - borrow Ryan's crane and my ute and father in laws trailer.
Marc yours will be the first to be done so your engine can go to the shed if you want.
Guys I don't mind using the ute for this I ask just you to pay for the diesel.
maztech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #167
Rhys

If you/your boss is happy for it to be delivered to your work that'd be awesome. I can give you $$ for the petrol and hassle.

If not, I can get it delivered to mine and we can pick the engines up from here when we're putting them in.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #168
Clean_Cookie

fyi Im currently looking @ storage places for my project + tools to work on, If I can find something suitable with space to store securely I'd be happy to let them sit there. If anyone knows of a garage or secure storage for $50/week close to my place, or on the way to the gold coast let me know
Old 09-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #169
maztech

I would be happy to do it , will split em up on the Saturday the week when they arrive so they are only in shop for a few days. All you guys that own the motors organize between yourselfs what you want to do as you all will be helping on the day , starting at my work to split em up and following your own motors to unload them. I now have good ratchet straps to tie em in the ute and trailer, prob put em all in trailer with crane in ute tray. Let me know what you guys want to do .
Old 09-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #170
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by maztech View Post
Marc yours will be the first to be done so your engine can go to the shed if you want.
Still havent worked out when that'll be first

Quote:
I would be happy to do it , will split em up on the Saturday the week when they arrive so they are only in shop for a few days. All you guys that own the motors organize between yourselfs what you want to do as you all will be helping on the day , starting at my work to split em up and following your own motors to unload them. I now have good ratchet straps to tie em in the ute and trailer, prob put em all in trailer with crane in ute tray. Let me know what you guys want to do .
Do we know if AQIS will want to look at the pallet? And if so will that muck around with the proposed delivery date of the 25th??
Old 09-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #171
Rhys

25th is ANZAC day so it's not gonna be then, that was more of a guesstimate. There's no way of telling whether AQIS will want to check it out until it's been customs cleared. I'll keep you all updated with what's happening with it.

Jared, if we get them delivered to your work and pick them up on the weekend (or potentially ANZAC day) That'd be awesome. I'm happy to help as much as I can.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #172
maztech

Will have to be a saturday guys ,let me know a couple of days before they arrive please.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #173
Rhys

No problemo. Thanks Jared.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #174
chewyryce

my item is easily enough to be picked up but i wouldnt be able to help out with the other engines to be loaded/unloaded. i work on saturdays -_-"
Old 09-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #175
maztech

Cool chewy , let us know what ya want to do with your stuff , might work out to drop yours on the way to somewhere else . Looks like it might be all day mission.

Marc was saying yours will be the first to go in whenever that works out to be. I have a corner work area set up in the shed ( Phil's car in the spot now ) so yours will be next to take up position , was thinkin off road on a Friday night back on road sat arvo Sunday morning - should only take about 6ish hours to do job. The shed is about 5 min from mine near the minden cross roads.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #176
chewyryce

my stuff is just a diff and hubs. i can pick it up whenever it comes in. i start work at 10am so i can pick it up on the way to work. or if its a friday i can pick it up on the way home since i finish around 4pm those days
Old 09-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #177
Ice88

Car: Blue SP20
I actually dont have a car atm so Ill go last. Im more then happy to help with carrying/moving stuff but would need a lift round and back?
Old 10-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #178
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
Quote:
Marc was saying yours will be the first to go in whenever that works out to be. I have a corner work area set up in the shed ( Phil's car in the spot now ) so yours will be next to take up position , was thinkin off road on a Friday night back on road sat arvo Sunday morning - should only take about 6ish hours to do job. The shed is about 5 min from mine near the minden cross roads.
Better start saving for parts I need then!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #179
DavoAust

Car: Red '93 3000GT / Black '08 Ninja 250R
Send a message via MSN to DavoAust
2 people should be able to lift an engine. Mat and I moved the BP around and on/off the stand and the FS's arent much heavier?

Let me know a day/time and I should be able to lend a hand. I also have an engine stand I no longer need. $90 and someone can have it
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT
DavoAust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #180
Clean_Cookie

possibly interested davo If i can score myself a shed. found a three car one in brownstains for $80/week.