Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 12-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #1
jazesasa

Car: 94 V6 Astina
96 BA astina transmission fluid leak

Hi Guys,

In need of some help I replaced the radiator in a 96 BA astina 1.8L - It cracked and was leaking coolant so pulled it out and replaced it with an OEM replacement. Now it seems that I have a transmission fluid leak that looks like a pressure leak coming from the centre section of the gold pipes that link the transmission fluid to the radiator (run underneath the fan) its the centre piece section that looks like it may be a join. Im not sure the best way to approach this.. can this be repaired? or would I need to source a whole new part (i.e new transmission lines) The piece looks quite plasticy' and there was quite a lot of hardened buildup from an old oil leak that was over this particular section so im assuming when the fans were taken off this is why/how its cracked.

When the engine is running its literally like a pin hole its only a thin stream of fluid leakage.

any help would be much appreciated

J
jazesasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #2
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
i'm gonna assume you have an auto then from the description of coolent lines. i would just replace the pipes between the box and rad.
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
jazesasa

Car: 94 V6 Astina
Sorry I should of said auto. Thanks for the help! any idea where I can get replacement transmission lines besides mazda? the local wreckers couldn't help out and mazda quoted $1200 for the pair
jazesasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #4
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazesasa View Post
Sorry I should of said auto. Thanks for the help! any idea where I can get replacement transmission lines besides mazda? the local wreckers couldn't help out and mazda quoted $1200 for the pair
Ring around some of the local auto trans shops in your area.

I dunno... try the yellow pages.
Old 15-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
TheMAN

Car: .
can you take pics and show us which one it is? if it's something simple, you can buy and replace yourself!
Old 15-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
Noble323
E74A

Car: SP20
yeah i was thinking like the above post, get a picture or pictures, it could be something simple and easy to replace.
Noble323 is offline   Reply With Quote