Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > ACT

Old 10-09-2005, 04:30 PM   #1
Osprey06
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 1987 Mazda 323 'SS' FWD turbo
Send a message via ICQ to Osprey06 Send a message via MSN to Osprey06
[ACT] ***Road Rage***

At 4pm this afternoon I was the victim of a road rage incident in the ACT, the ultimate culmination being my drivers side windows was smashed, while I am safe and managed to get away.

For those of you in the ACT, please be careful.

I didn't get the full rego fo the vehicle (I too busy trying to get away), but it was a White '98ish VT commodore sedan with NSW plates (which I think had a "D" "L" and a "G" in them).

They (being 4 people, at least one was a large bloke and I didn't even look at the others) continually cut me off yelling at me to "pull over" and nothing else, even when I yelled back at them "what do you want".

The point of this post being - to those of you in the ACT, please be VERY careful driving around!!!
Osprey06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2005, 04:44 PM   #2
KittyKatSmack
Banned

Car: Mazda
Woah
Glad you are ok!
Hope the car will be easily repairable. Are you going to claim insurance?

We will certainly avoid Commodores more than normal then

We were driving everywhere today looking at houses n stuff. In the MX5 too :O

Please notify the authorities too?
You might not have been the only one.

Please, everyone, be careful, we would hate to see anyone hurt by these knobs.
KittyKatSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 04:56 PM   #3
Melbastina
AstinaGT Regular

Send a message via MSN to Melbastina
Damn road ragers, it's all getting a bit much I reckon, CHILL PEOPLE REALLY!
Old 10-09-2005, 06:30 PM   #4
Osprey06
AstinaGT Regular

I'm not sure about road rage, but I didn't do anything to rile them up. They were behind me at a set of lights, turning right and then it all went from there.

Kitty, I most certainly did inform the cops. Understandably, there is not much for them to go on as I couldn't provide a full rego plate, but I reported it nonetheless. There was fairly heavy traffic behind us when they started this (I think the original stop attempt might have caused a small accident behind us...), so I'm hoping someone else might have caught the plate and reported it as well. After I got home and reported it, I went back out to the location in mum's car to see if there was anyone on the side of the road etc, but no one was around. I was somewhat relieved to see a cop car patroling the area, however...They say cops are tops and I'm tempted to agree!

I'm hoping these idiots are out of towners just looking to stir up trouble and will now f--- off to whence they came....My cars' in the garage and I suspect I won't take it out for a little while....even if the window is replaced quickly.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:46 PM   #5
Mizda_Mazda
AstinaGT Regular

Car: ...
Send a message via MSN to Mizda_Mazda
Cops don't do anything. Some dumb chick, mid to late twenties cut me off, so i beemped and flashed them, as you would. She then pulled over, let me past and followed me to work. I got out, she came and parked behined my car, she went off at me for flashin her, being a arrogrant, inexperienced P plater, and then I went off and called her a dumb bitch for not paying attention, being a "experienced" driver, and numerious other things. She mouthed my plate and nicked off. I called the cops and told them her rego and my work place, and what happened. And they said they'll get back to me. It's been 2 years....
Mizda_Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 08:48 AM   #6
Osprey06
AstinaGT Regular

I don't really expect them to do anything, especially given I couldn't provide them with full details, but as Kitty's suggested, I'm possibly not the only one they've tried this on and I'd prefer to have it down on record in case. Worst case scenario, it 'protects' me if my erratic driving caused any incidents or complaints, because the cops know I had a reason for driving in such a matter (whether that legitimises it to them or not may be another manner).

Last edited by Osprey06; 11-09-2005 at 08:50 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:04 PM   #7
Mizda_Mazda
AstinaGT Regular

Car: ...
Send a message via MSN to Mizda_Mazda
Nope, i tried that when i was caught speeding. I ended up getting off anyways cos the guy was a regular to my resturant, and he always talked about speeding off dutying. Best bet is safe speeding. Don't hang around other cars, speed when your sure its safe.
Mizda_Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:19 PM   #8
platypus
living in the past man

Car: Subaru Outback 2.0 turbo
Send a message via MSN to platypus
dude glad to hear you ok - as much love and care we may put into our cars (hey i beat my wife ) in the end they are mere objects - as long as your good in the end that is what counts....

and i've been there got my car crow barred and $500 worth of damage to my dads car (which was later my first car) which never got chased or replaced, despite the court ordering the dude to pay it.... civil claims couldn't track the guy down.....
Old 11-09-2005, 11:55 PM   #9
whitephoenix

Car: BJ Astina
I think everyone gets there dose of road rage, its happened to me 3 times the most resent on Saturday. most of the time things like that happen when the guys are bored and looking for fun, i bet if u had the car full of ur mates with u they wouldn’t of done a thing. You should keep a look out for that car again and take down the plate and give it to the cops. Or you could follow him find out where he hangs out and set fire to his car. Lol ;-)
whitephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:00 AM   #10
platypus
living in the past man

Car: Subaru Outback 2.0 turbo
Send a message via MSN to platypus
yeah but all that does is encourage the problem - best to nip it in the butt now

and yes i'm aware you were joking its ok i can laugh and i did!
Old 12-09-2005, 09:45 AM   #11
Melbastina
AstinaGT Regular

Send a message via MSN to Melbastina
Melbourne is becoming worse and worse for road rage (as is everywhere) but I had a mate up in Sydney recently, he reckons it's heaps worse up there...
Old 12-09-2005, 10:42 AM   #12
andrewgrazier

if ya dont have the plate then theres not even really any point even reporting it to the police,
althoguht i have gone down to them to report a truck infront of me which nearly hit an old lady crossing the street when she had a green walking light n they said they dgive him a call hehehe
andrewgrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 03:58 AM   #13
whitephoenix

Car: BJ Astina
yeh im from sydney and if u even look at some people they want to start a fight esp in my area its really bad, I cant even go for a run at the lights with out worrying if i beat the guy his gonna get upset but instead of running to mumma his might run to the cro bar.
whitephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 08:16 AM   #14
Dogo

Car: Mazda 323 BA BPT transplant
Quote:
if ya dont have the plate then theres not even really any point even reporting it to the police
They might not be able to do anything this round but if they hear of the same car in a number of cases they'll be chasing it harder than if it was a once off.
Old 13-09-2005, 11:46 AM   #15
AS7INA

Send a message via MSN to AS7INA
very scary, we just have to try avoid conflict at all times! But i know there are psychos out there. !
AS7INA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 10:45 AM   #16
skitz
I'm not as dumb as my posts would indicate

Car: astina ba 97
Send a message via MSN to skitz
i agree the other day i parked on the street and in the morning i went out to find a foot print on my rear window and my passenger side mirror smashed of there were several other cars in the street damaged as well. one ladys car had 4 letter boxs put through the window.
"police were called and now do regular checks on that area at night"

09 Mazda RX-8 GT

Wakefield Park: 1:14.8100

skitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 11:54 AM   #17
skippy
Resident Dissident

Car: Alfa 156 TS
Osprey,

Whats you car like? look good? cause sounds more car jacking then road rage esp if you haven't done anything.

But yeah people are nuts these days, I saw a guy go off a motorbike rider the other day cause the motorbike rider went into the left lane and around him.
I mean fark what sort of knob goes and tells a guy in a helmet to get ****ed cause he might be slow when he takes off,

If you think someone is getting the ****s with you do what I do, put on some Paul Simon "Graceland" prefferably and sing your arse off, "call me al".

Also could be worthwhile picking up the moby and pretending to call someone.

Also remember cars are big heavy and hard, people aren't.

So stay in the car, its protection and weapon in one.
skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2006, 12:17 PM   #18
skitz

nah man my car had nothing in it worth steelin jerra just has a lot of kids that are little s**ts.

the other day on northbourn i saw a motor bike out front the jolimont centre on fire it looked like it was lit by somone it blew up as i drove by.

09 Mazda RX-8 GT

Old 17-08-2006, 12:33 PM   #19
Osprey06
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy
Osprey,

Whats you car like? look good? cause sounds more car jacking then road rage esp if you haven't done anything.
That's what my dad said as well, but realistically the car is stock, dirty and a little beat up in general - hardly worth car jacking.

Skitz,

not nice to hear about that kind of stuff. I hate random destruction like that...it annoys me I think because the criminals aren't getting anything tangible out of it - I can kind of understand why people steal stuff because they get whatever they steal...but mindless destruction...
Old 17-08-2006, 01:22 PM   #20
skitz

yeah they piss me off too, mainly because cars are expencive and even when u see someone elses car stuffed up u feel for them!! i dont know why people get kicks out of it there are so many more cool things to do...

09 Mazda RX-8 GT