Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 19-02-2007, 09:10 PM   #1
Hebz
Funkoars - C.O.T.Y

Car: '96 Mazda Hardtop 323 Beast-Version
Cool Tha perfect car. . . . . . .

Hey guys,

Was browsing Drive.com.au tha other day.

Saw this Dealio that I could'nt go past

http://www.drive.com.au/used-cars/HO...&pp=1&d=0&nv=1

Tha perfect car fo such a price. . . . . . or is it

Honda isn't ma first preference - but still

So I enquired - as you do.

But something felt a lil' strange. . .

I called tha guy, turns out to be a wrong number. . . So I emailed him instead. He replied a couple of days later.

Turns out tha guy is in Spain - wtf. He reckons he wants to sell it in Austraila coz no-one want a left-handed drive in a right-handed drive country and he doesn't want to reregister it (which means its still australian registered but he says hes been driving it in Spain.) Why doesn't he just sell it in England - it's a left-handed drive country.

He reckons he'll air-ship tha car back to Australia within seven days of receving a down-payment. But somehow methinks that that would cost alot more than tha car would :P

Annnnd he wants to use eBay as tha payment method - says hes had a bad experience wit PayPal (Suuuuuurrree)

Sounds like a scam job to me :P

I've got some deadly emails back from him after I told him I'm not interested in scams.

Watcha thiink?

Heb

Tha Hardtop Beast -- Gallery
Hebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 19-02-2007, 09:15 PM   #2
dfvadr

Car: ss , sp20 , 94ba
car

its a scam alright
- 18"ame's
- custom interior
- kenwood head unit , pioneer speakers driven by 800 watt amp , kicker subs driven by 1000 watt amps each sub [135.2db at supernats], two 1th caps 4 tv screens dvd player
- xbox
- airbag suspension with gas strut towers
- custom plates an airbrushing on bonnet
dfvadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 10:21 PM   #3
2mbas

Car: 1991 323 astina bg
scam...the car has nsw number plates, i thought the car was in spain?
2mbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 10:44 PM   #4
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
I thought the car was in Brisbane, as that's what it says on the add... Obviously just taken images of another car. Find those images from another add and you can get his balls in a noose as far as drive.com.au is concerned!

Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 11:11 PM   #5
Hebz
Funkoars - C.O.T.Y

Who knows where tha real car is - his imaginary one lives in spain

Heb

Old 20-02-2007, 05:53 AM   #6
Ripper323
Carless Bum

Car: whatever I can borrow
He he he, some people must be dumb! I think I've seen something like this elsewhere. Someone posted it up here a while ago. Same scenario, car would be airshipped within 7days etc etc.
Old 20-02-2007, 07:12 AM   #7
Fro-Daddy

Send a message via MSN to Fro-Daddy
England is a right-hand drive country, just like Australia...they also drive on the left-hand side like we do...but they work in MPH...

if you can't see the car first hand, i wouldnt even think about it...
Fro-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 12:24 PM   #8
pr1mo
I MUST STOP MAKING STUPID POSTS! Yet I keep on making them. And I wonder why I get banned?

Car: auto
ZOMG. where do i leave CC details guys. :P
pr1mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 02:52 PM   #9
MAztinA 323

Car: 1989 Nissan Silvia CA18DET
Send a message via MSN to MAztinA 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb_Az323 View Post
He reckons he wants to sell it in Austraila coz no-one want a left-handed drive in a right-handed drive country and he doesn't want to reregister it (which means its still australian registered but he says hes been driving it in Spain.) Why doesn't he just sell it in England - it's a left-handed drive country.
but from the pics isnt it a right hand drive? he could sell it in spain...
Old 20-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #10
Hebz
Funkoars - C.O.T.Y

Stupid quotes - makes me look like a fool. I meant tha opposite of what that reads. No-one wants a right-handed drive car in a left-handed drive country.

I'd love to have his balls in a noose though . . . .

Heb

Old 20-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #11
KittyKatSmack
Banned

Car: Mazda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro-Daddy View Post
if you can't see the car first hand, i wouldnt even think about it...
And I can vouch for this piece of advice as we got shafted from a so called friend. That's what we get for paying money without driving it.

Honestly, do as much homework as you can, drive the car more than once, and never buy on the first visit, always go home and think about it for a night or two then come back, drive it again, and then haggle.

Good luck and may the force be with you.
KittyKatSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 06:11 PM   #12
chicaboo

I asked the seller about REVs check/history, safety certificate and viewing the car (as ad said it is located in BRISBANE). And I got this generic looking reply with broken english...

"Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail and being interested in my car because i really need to sell it ASAP !

First of all i would like to let you know why i am selling my car so cheap: one mounth ago i moved in Spain because of my job and now i live here with all my familly. The car has the steering wheel on the right side and nobody wants to buy it in Spain because all the cars has the steering wheel on left side here, so i need to sell it to Australia because the car is still registered in Australia and it's very easy to transfer the registration onto your name, without pay any import taxes or other taxes. Also i need money to buy another car certified in Spain with the steering wheel on left side so i can drive it here, really is not so easy to drive a car with the steering wheel on right side here.

Some words about the car:

I bought this car in late '98 through Rick Damelian in Sydney.
It was previously owned by a lady from Hong Kong who bought it from Lark Hoskins. She installed the mag wheels (origionally with super low profile tires - now normal low profile), the cobra alarm and the factory 6 stacker CD. She also seems to have had an after market audio package but this was removed prior to my purchase.
Since I've had the car it has always been garaged. As you can see from the exterior and engine it has been extreamly well looked after. The excellent team at RD have done all the servicing and details can be checked with them as well as the log book. The only changes I've made is the fitting of a hands free kit (suit late model Sony Ericsson phones) and one or two replacements of the battery and tires. The current treads are Goodyear Eagle Venturas and are virtually new (installed 12 mths ago since which time I've been mainly overseas).

The price is AU $6,400.00 including all the shipping taxes and inssurance to Australia, the car will be shipped by AIR and will arrive within 7 days after the downpayment has been made.

Now if you understood me and you are really interested to buy my car, i am waiting your e-mail with your decision and i will provide you with the informations about shipping/payment method.

Best Regards !"
Old 20-02-2007, 08:06 PM   #13
Melbastina
AstinaGT Regular

Send a message via MSN to Melbastina
Cracker, I might send him an email as well!
Old 20-02-2007, 08:48 PM   #14
Ripper323
Carless Bum

Car: whatever I can borrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicaboo View Post
I asked the seller about REVs check/history, safety certificate and viewing the car (as ad said it is located in BRISBANE). And I got this generic looking reply with broken english...

"Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail and being interested in my car because i really need to sell it ASAP !

First of all i would like to let you know why i am selling my car so cheap: one mounth ago i moved in Spain because of my job and now i live here with all my familly. The car has the steering wheel on the right side and nobody wants to buy it in Spain because all the cars has the steering wheel on left side here, so i need to sell it to Australia because the car is still registered in Australia and it's very easy to transfer the registration onto your name, without pay any import taxes or other taxes. Also i need money to buy another car certified in Spain with the steering wheel on left side so i can drive it here, really is not so easy to drive a car with the steering wheel on right side here.

Some words about the car:

I bought this car in late '98 through Rick Damelian in Sydney.
It was previously owned by a lady from Hong Kong who bought it from Lark Hoskins. She installed the mag wheels (origionally with super low profile tires - now normal low profile), the cobra alarm and the factory 6 stacker CD. She also seems to have had an after market audio package but this was removed prior to my purchase.
Since I've had the car it has always been garaged. As you can see from the exterior and engine it has been extreamly well looked after. The excellent team at RD have done all the servicing and details can be checked with them as well as the log book. The only changes I've made is the fitting of a hands free kit (suit late model Sony Ericsson phones) and one or two replacements of the battery and tires. The current treads are Goodyear Eagle Venturas and are virtually new (installed 12 mths ago since which time I've been mainly overseas).

The price is AU $6,400.00 including all the shipping taxes and inssurance to Australia, the car will be shipped by AIR and will arrive within 7 days after the downpayment has been made.

Now if you understood me and you are really interested to buy my car, i am waiting your e-mail with your decision and i will provide you with the informations about shipping/payment method.

Best Regards !"
ROFL LMAO That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time! I think someone has a few sheep loose in the top paddock if they think someone would actually pay for a car that had to be "air freighted" from spain!
Old 21-02-2007, 12:03 AM   #15
Hebz
Funkoars - C.O.T.Y

Daaaaamn - thats tha exact same reply I got from - exact copy - word fo word - i s**t you not.

But yea - that email says its located in Spain - not Brissy

Tha next email I got was

"Hello,

As i told you, i am from a short while here in Spain and i am not able to use Escrow because i don't know how it is working here. I have closed some deals through eBay untill now and everything went OK, so i would like to close this deal through eBay so we can be both protected. Yes i assure you that you won't have to pay any import taxes. Just the price for the car

I'll explain you how it is working right now:
1. You have to make 50% downpayment to eBay, your money will be kept in hold
2. I'll start the shipping to you after they will confirm me that the downpayment has been made
3. You will recive the car within 7 days, after you will recive it you have 14 days to test/inspect it.
4. After inspection period you have to confirm to eBay if you are satisfied with the car.
5. If you are satisfied with the car and you want to keep it they will give me your money and you will send me the rest of money
6. If you are not satisfied with the car, you will send it back(taxes paid by me) and they will return your money because they will hold your money before you will confirm them your decision.

I hope you understand that this is safest payment method. If you agree with that please e-mail me your full name and address and they will provide you with all the informations you need to make the downpayment.

I am looking to hear from you soon.

Thank you."

I asked him about things like wtf is Escrow? but he just sent me tha exact same thing back. I can't even get a reply from him anymore :P :P

Heb

Old 21-02-2007, 07:41 AM   #16
chicaboo

I like the bit about sending the car back if you don't like it! Oh, it's ok, you don't pay taxes...

How can we flag him as a scammer to drive.com.au?

Gav.
Old 21-02-2007, 08:19 AM   #17
mill_mobile

Car: 98 BJ
Send a message via MSN to mill_mobile
Is it just me or is it a bit odd that a car would be 'Shipped by air'???
Old 21-02-2007, 09:51 AM   #18
chicaboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mill_mobile View Post
Is it just me or is it a bit odd that a car would be 'Shipped by air'???
Nahhhh, Inernational Rescue just send Thunderbird 2 to come pick it up...
Old 21-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #19
pr1mo
I MUST STOP MAKING STUPID POSTS! Yet I keep on making them. And I wonder why I get banned?

Car: auto
aw comon gize it sounds like hes an alright bloke. give him a chance.
pr1mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 01:25 PM   #20
Hebz
Funkoars - C.O.T.Y

Give him a chance? What to take your money - well feel free to send him your bank details :P :P

Lets nail this sucka Chicaboo - ne ideas?

Can you send a direct email to Drive.com.au or something? Hmmmm . . . . .

Heb