Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > Victoria

Old 09-04-2005, 08:39 PM   #1
skankhater69

Looknig to BUY an astina for my 18th.....???

i'm looknig round its not till january so i'm jsut looknig at the moment. the model i want is round the 95-97 astinas...but the prices are like 10-12 grand. if anyone knows of any good places to have a look, or knows of anyone selling one cheap let me know. plus any advice is welcome i'm sure you all have some advice on buying cars. skankhater69@hotmail.com
skankhater69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2005, 10:37 AM   #2
CityEnd

Car: .
welcome to the club mate...

will u be after a manual or an automatic?
CityEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:52 AM   #3
pr1mo
I MUST STOP MAKING STUPID POSTS! Yet I keep on making them. And I wonder why I get banned?

Car: auto
sus out your insurance costs too man. i know it was hell expensive when i got my astina at 19. i ended up putting it in dads name :P
pr1mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 04:11 PM   #4
MeFo
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Astina GT
Well I can tell you that for a 92 Astina SP valued at around $9000, comperhensive costs around $1600. I'm with Aami with a rating 3 with a premium of $800 (was $880 but I did a skilled drivers course) but it's only insured for $7300. So you'll definately need to shop around for insurance and weigh up the pro's and cons. Hope this helps
MeFo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 04:44 PM   #5
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
Keep your eye on the trading post for your ideal 'stina you see them much cheaper than 10-12 grand.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:04 PM   #6
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
or try the auction yards - ther's some very cheap ones going there

www.pickles.com.au and www.fowles.com.au are a good start

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:52 PM   #7
pr1mo
I MUST STOP MAKING STUPID POSTS! Yet I keep on making them. And I wonder why I get banned?

hmm yeah you can see by auction yards that you can kill cars like astinas pretty easily. im glad i had a tank KA laser as my 1st car for almost two years. my humble advice is that if your real confident and have been driving solid on your L's for 2 years then go a BA otherwise invest in something more solid and get your skills up in that for a few years then lash out on something sweet.

cheers mike
Old 12-04-2005, 08:41 AM   #8
MeFo
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Astina GT
I'll agree with pr1mo. I'm 19 and been in 4 accidents so far. 2 in my car, only 1 of which was my fault. But what I'm trying to say is, that if you're too over confident on your P's like most people are when they start out, then you're better off in something a little more solid.
MeFo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 01:13 PM   #9
mrpayner

Car: 2013 Mazda 6 GT Sedan - Soul Red
solid = kingswood!

AP

2013 Mazda6 Diesel GT ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[Formerly] 2004 Mazda6 Luxury Sport
mrpayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 02:49 PM   #10
pr1mo

still i think its a safer option to get something early - mid 80's and build up your insurance rating and not have the stress of a few small dings constantly playingon your mind
Old 12-04-2005, 02:59 PM   #11
robprice

Location: The Central Coast, where the sun shines, the ocean calls, and the potholes have there own postcodes!
Car: ASTNA
yeah ill pay you in that regard. dosesnt hurt as much when you ding an older car! just saying that if your gunna have a decent stack, the newer the safer, contrary to my bosses opinion that an xd falcon is the worlds safest car
robprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 03:31 PM   #12
pr1mo

man that was proven back in the day when an 86 camira went up against an xd in a head on crash test.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:36 PM   #13
pr1mo

buy a BG astina or a NA TX3 laser maybe
Old 12-04-2005, 03:54 PM   #14
robprice

Location: The Central Coast, where the sun shines, the ocean calls, and the potholes have there own postcodes!
yeah bg not a bad option, bit of middle ground.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:47 PM   #15
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
Just because you're a young driver doesn't always make you irresponsable. Some people think that driving a car is their right and not a skill that needs constant attention, it's amazing how 'accident prone' those people are and the weak excuses they come-up with.
I've also known people with older cars who believe that because their car is junk that they don't need to pay as much attention.

BTW Mike a '95-'97 astina is 8-10 years old and that's not a new car (it was a lot newer when you bought yours but that was many years ago).

I say that you should buy the car you want, just make sure you have the budget to buy and keep the car you want.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:05 PM   #16
robprice

never thought of it that way. buy a nicer car and it'll prob get looked after a hell of alot more, makes sence. i agree, people who have older cars are less likely to respect their car. And while alot of people do see driving as a privalige and not a right, you have to admit that young people who think like that are very sadly in the minority. The possible consiquences of not being a skilled and vigilent driver are far too often overlooked, especialy by younger drivers. More education definatly needed.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:14 PM   #17
robprice

poor kid's looking for a new car and its turned into a debate on young drivers im shuting up now.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:48 PM   #18
pr1mo

hehe i hate to drag the debate out but i said going a KA laser for example is a safer financial option. i wasnt calling our new member irrisponsible. id just hate to see a young dude get burned like a few of my mates have on cars and never been able to get out of the $$ rut.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:02 PM   #19
robprice

cool, i was just apologising for my own unintentional stereotyping. and bad spelling
Old 12-04-2005, 08:17 PM   #20
Red Frog

Car: My feet :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by robprice
mate i lost control of a BA at 150+ km/h (late at night, showing off to a mate and my chick). Went about 40-50 meters sideways (thats alot longer than it sounds too!), then through 4 garbage bins, across about five front yards (taking out a few smaller trees), eventualy coming to rest against a pretty big tree (the tree ended up where my front passanger strut should be, maybe a bit further back. Hit it head on!)
fark....okay well james now can hand over the accident spoon to you...no offence, but i'm not surprised ur g/f never spoke to u again. she probably realised how easily it could have been her that was sitting in the passenger seat.
i am still young (not on my p's or under the age of 20) but i've never intentionally been so irresponsible where i was going to put mine or someone else's lives in danger. i have a lot of adrenline in me when i'm in the car, mind you, but i've known the limits....we have race tracks for that type of speeding, not quiet, neighbourhood streets. i'm not lecturing u here - i'm sure u've had a heap of it ever since - but i really hope you learnt from that day and how close you came to not only killing urself, but harming other innocent people around u. how easily that tree could have been a child's bedroom....it makes you really think.