Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Audio Hi-fi

Old 05-10-2009, 12:22 AM   #1
02-KQ-LASR
SHO~247

Car: laser kq 2002
stereo questions?

hey guys.
im just trying to work something out, an i fuigred you all can help me out.
atm i am runnin an alpine type s 12in sub with an alpine monoblock (i cant remember the power of it, but i know that it was more than enough needed to power the sub)

now i wanna upgrade the stereo to look better and i wanna match it to another sub.. so would i be able to run 2 subs off the monoblock?
an my other issue is that the new alpine subs are black an mine is last yrs and its silver... so ive either gotta buy 2 new subs, find a 2nd hand good sub or i might be able to invert the subs an just get a new sub...

anyone got any ideas to help me out?
an also are store bought boxes any good?
im thinking whatever i do ill prob try to invert them coz it looks better. lol
thanks

custom boot install(fibreglass boxes),mazda 3 handbrake rachet,power window motors x 2,power window switches, guage rings

its all gotta go!!!
pm me any offers!!
02-KQ-LASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2009, 12:28 AM   #2
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
invert one, put the other one normaly, down the centre of the boot (as in vertical sort of thing) make sure u wire it properly so they fire corectly (inverse it for the inverted lol), and yeah a monobloc can run both of them, providing its powerfull enough to run both of them.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:39 AM   #3
02-KQ-LASR
SHO~247

well if it had more than enough power to run the one sub, would it be ok too run 2?

custom boot install(fibreglass boxes),mazda 3 handbrake rachet,power window motors x 2,power window switches, guage rings

its all gotta go!!!
pm me any offers!!
Old 05-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
Brisbane_boy

Car: 2002 323 astina
have a look on boost, HEAPS of ppl selling there old audio.
cheap aswell.

Umm powing 2 subs from a mono block isnt a great idear. it is possible (dodgy but possible)

im not the most knowlagable on this topic but.
Good luck with it.

If your not allowed to go fast, you might as well look fast
Brisbane_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #5
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

how much power is the mono?
how much is the subs?
RMS wise ofcourse.
like brisbane boy said its a little dodgy (looks kinda cheap unless the amp is truly overpowering the subs ie 2000wrms powering 2x800wrms subs), but it will work, and there is nothing really wrong with it.. only diff iz that when u have 2 chanels u can run each to the diff subz, but thats only good if u want diff bass from both (as in if there is a differential in the songs L/R bass output) i never preffered this, and when i had the oportunity i bridged the 2 chanels (as i do now) and ran multiple low frequency speakers off it. never really did i have a problem.
what i can say is that you shouldnt turn the amp up all the way AFAIK, cus it might destort, sound bad or overheat.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #6
02-KQ-LASR
SHO~247

whats boost?

umm ill have to check the sub output number an let you know.. if its not enough to power the 2 subs can another cheap amp be wired to the monoblock to power them both? or would i just do what tony said and use an amp for each sub?

its all gotta go!!!
pm me any offers!!
Old 06-10-2009, 04:39 PM   #7
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

boost as in boost cruising. and i am sure another amp can be wired in, iv seen it done before (for a mtx jackhammer on pimp my ride they wired like 6 amps to run it..) but i have no idea how..
have u ever thought of getting a single 15 instead of 2 12s?

and u can run 2 of there even if lets say that your amp is 1000WRMS (1 chanel) and you have 2 800WRMS subs u can still run in. have the amp on like 90% and enjoj.. u can guarantee that ur sub or your amp wont blow, but it will be underpowered, majorly..
its up to you really what you want and how much u wanna spend..

personaly i am an ebay person

i have a single kicker sub runing from a powervox amp.. iv goten told that it wont last 3 months.. year + latter of hard abuse and its still going perfect (and only cost me like 100 or so..) granted that the amp is badged at 5000W, but that is peak, rule of thumb for ebay brands is if it sais 1000W peak then expect 100WRMS and be extreamly happy with 200W haha. still i got this one and its about 500WRMS and for $100 that was well worth it for me