Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 08-08-2007, 12:13 AM   #1
DavoAust

Car: Red '93 3000GT / Black '08 Ninja 250R
Send a message via MSN to DavoAust
Bad driving complaints here

After literally coming cms from an accident today i felt that a thread to blow off some steam about bad driving would be good.

Bad driving = crossing over the lane marker whilst turning at lights into the other turning lane next to you,.. whilst there is a car there. i was right next to this crazy woman in a merc when she did this, after i hit the brakes and horn she gave me the finger and then sped off through a red light .

oh, pet hate is d**ks who sit right up my ass, even though the right lane is clear

EDIT: my mate in the passenger seats words summed it up (unfortunately they have to be censored )
"F**KING STUPID B***H, WHY DON'T YOU LEARN TO DRIVE YOU RETARD!!"
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT

Last edited by DavoAust; 08-08-2007 at 12:25 AM.
DavoAust is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2007, 06:20 AM   #2
mill_mobile

Car: 98 BJ
Send a message via MSN to mill_mobile
The other day while driving to work a w*nker on a motorbike cut right in front of me to change not one, but two lanes. This was done with another car right in front of me, i swear i mist have just missed clipping the rider by a few cms.
I wish f*cking motorbike riders that do that sort of arsey sh!t that makes the read a lethal place get hurt badly or that the police go out in force to catch them. I say they are MUCH worse than 'rev heads' in skylines.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:09 PM   #3
SIlversp20

Car: 2002 BJII sp20
Dont forget the Taxis!!! Had one pull up past me (while on the highway doing 100klm) cut right infront of me, i was exiting, he cut accross the big white lines and almost ran into the hill / bridge. whats worse is it was a mazda mpv and he had pasangers in as well. he then proceeded to brake as hard as possible for the red light that was green!!!!! good thing i slowed down to avoid hitting him the first time. i think ill install a megaphone on my car for the next time that happens
SIlversp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:01 PM   #4
Dogo

Car: Mazda 323 BA BPT transplant
the red light was green ?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #5
Abaddon

Car: White 1996 Astina Hatch 1.8L Man
Here was a great one the other day. I was driving up quite a large hill (towards Charlestown for you Newcastle fellas) I was cruising along, pulled into the right lane to go around some people when a motorbike turned left (from my left) into the right hand lane (though there was plenty of room in the left)...idiot...So I jumped on the brakes so as not to hit him and jumped on the horn so that hopefully next time he'll think about such actions before he does it (he was displaying an "L" plate)

Ok so now I'm stuck behind this guy and no longer passing the cars on my left who are going under the posted speed because of the hill. Which is cool, the bike in front of me is doing the limit and slowly passing people. Then he becomes parallel with another bike on his left who is going like 20km under the speed limit, so they both slow down to 20km under and turn to each other to have a chat. Fu ( |< ing ridiculous. So I hit the horn again, no change, flash the indicators at them, no change, flash the lights at them, no change. So we all follow them, for five minutes, at 20km under the limit. Third lane arrives on the left, I take it, blaze by, give them a wake up to yourselves look. The original "L" plate guy now punches it, catches up (now I'm doing the speed limit again) and indicates for me to pull over cos he wants a fight.

Retarded ****ing drongo wanker

Oh and after this they decide to share a lane and go speeding off together, why they couldn't have shared a lane for their 5 min convo I have no idea.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:24 PM   #6
Abaddon

Car: White 1996 Astina Hatch 1.8L Man
Thumbs down

It's unfortunate but true, taxi drivers often have no idea. I'd say 70% of close call accidents I have involve taxi drivers between fares acting like idiots.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:00 PM   #7
RedLineResident

Car: BA V6 Hardtop 5 Speed & 97 Prelude VTIR
Where do i start. taxis, buses, garbo's, cement mixers, old people, young people all annoy me 4 different reasons. Be it because they can't drive and shuldn't have their licence, think they are a racing car driver or because they put everyone around them in danger.

Most things annoy me but no more than people who think they are the best and are above the law. No indicating, cutting off everyone looking 4 the tinniest gap to squeeze through but throw a tantrum when things don't go their way.

I haven't had an issue with bikes at this stage, scooters and push bikes on the other hand I have been very cross with b4. They are like jack in abox, come out of no where with no regard for anyone else.
RedLineResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #8
KittyKatSmack
Banned

Car: Mazda
People who drive in bicycle lanes really annoy me.....

amongst a bajillion other things people do.
But like I keep saying, I'm not a good driver anyway.

Good thread though, get things off your chest here instead of road rage.
Kudos
KittyKatSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:37 PM   #9
zappy65

Car: Old: 1989 DOHC Mazda 323 New: Nissan 180SX Type X
Send a message via MSN to zappy65
i would have to say and no offence but queensland drivers are the worst ones yet....yes i live in queensland but bloody hell....they dont like indicators...they dont like giving way and they love to cut people off...they love to tailgate and like doing 140km in a 110 zone....they dont know what a solid line is and they are puzzled when it comes to letting people turen right at a set of lights.....i could go on....

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/vbpic...?do=view&g=319
Come see my deviantness....hehe
http://dawnblade.deviantart.com/
zappy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #10
RedLineResident

Car: BA V6 Hardtop 5 Speed & 97 Prelude VTIR
I knda like the idea of lettin the horn rip or givin someone a piece of your mind. Nothing too bad or anyhting that crosses into physical territory. I just think that if someone does something stupid to piss you off then by all means, let them know about it. It may result in them thinking about what they are doing in the future.

Agree with kitty, brilliant thread.
RedLineResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:15 PM   #11
Plutonus

Car: Traitor vehicle
Sometimes I have made a mistake, I'll be honest, and probably some people have thought I was a driver. But some things... what I've noticed without my car is no one stops at pedestrian crossings, I nearly got ran over today by an old lady. Its pathetic, on Ls I was taught to slow at pedestrian crossings and have a good look, no one cares anymore.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:09 PM   #12
zappy65

Car: Old: 1989 DOHC Mazda 323 New: Nissan 180SX Type X
Send a message via MSN to zappy65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonus View Post
Sometimes I have made a mistake, I'll be honest, and probably some people have thought I was a driver. But some things... what I've noticed without my car is no one stops at pedestrian crossings, I nearly got ran over today by an old lady. Its pathetic, on Ls I was taught to slow at pedestrian crossings and have a good look, no one cares anymore.
This is so bloody true....i nearly got takin out by a family MPV who thought he didnt have to stop when i was 1/3 the way across...wounder what he would have thought if i did the same when his kids were walking across...

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/vbpic...?do=view&g=319
Come see my deviantness....hehe
http://dawnblade.deviantart.com/
zappy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 09:07 PM   #13
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
Kyle

people who don't acknowledge that i've let them in in busy traffic when i could have not let them in or blocked their chance

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:30 AM   #14
DavoAust

i'm gonna sound like a hypocrit, but i understand why young drivers get complained about so much. as much as politicans throw things like advanced training and special driving courses around it not gonna fix the problem. the major issue is that pretty much every guy i know whose on his P's acts like hes bulletproof..

btw, i'm 18 and on my P's. bitch away
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT
Old 09-08-2007, 01:01 AM   #15
skitz
I'm not as dumb as my posts would indicate

Car: astina ba 97
Send a message via MSN to skitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupewrecht View Post
Kyle
i was waiting for it hahahaha rofl hahahaah

09 Mazda RX-8 GT

Wakefield Park: 1:14.8100

skitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:26 PM   #16
GISS-90BG

Car: 1990 BG Astina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavoAust View Post
the major issue is that pretty much every guy i know whose on his P's acts like hes bulletproof..

btw, i'm 18 and on my P's. bitch away
Pretty much agree with that, doesn't give people the right to stereotype to the degree they do though. Relates to my bad driving complaints which is the driving of a lot of people who arn't male P platers - the school run mums, city drivers, elderly and generally complacent people who just are completely un-consciousness. Really annoys me when all I hear is bagging of car lovers and people condeming cruising and young drivers and then I get tailgated doing 60 in peak hour traffic.

Other day I was on ANZAC Highway (triple lane main road) being followed by a lady in a BA Falcon when a traffic in front slowed down to ~20kmph for some unknown reason. Saw her come flying towards rear of my car, swerves and misses the back right of my car by cm's without braking then almost runs up the ass of the guy in the right lane. Pulled beside her and saw she wasn't even remotely flustered by the fact she'd almost just rear ended two people and she proceeded to cruise off 10kms over speed limit. Just makes me shake my head.

Oh well, good venting thread.
GISS-90BG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:10 PM   #17
woofy

Car: Race Blue RS Octavia hatch, Black Santa Fe Elite
hmmm one I see everyday, pushbikes riding right through red lights.

followed by motorbikes treating the lane dividers as another lane on freeways then wonder why they almost get hit....its hard enough seeing what people on both sides are doing or might be doing...let alone someone doing 120km/hr up a non existant lane. The crazy thing is, my car might get a bit smashed up but its pretty much certain that they will die.

Last one, unique to melb, trams that sit one car back from a major intersection at the lights..then move forward and then turn on the flashing lights and take on/offload passengers so they block both lanes for the whole light change. Usually that is followed by them then going throughh the now red light.
woofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2007, 12:51 AM   #18
DavoAust

damn, i got another pet hate now.. big, fat, badly driven 4wds. why would you want or need one to drive around the city? the potholes arent that big.

also, funny story from tonight. some young dude was doing donuts at the lights next to the pub i work at. he hit the gutter and stalled it, at which point an old bloke (like 60) ran over, lent in the window and took the keys out of the ignition before calling the cops..

this kid just sat there ****ting himself till the cops came. he started crying when the cops arrived, apparently it was his dads car, he didnt even have a license. his dad is gonna be soooo pissed when he finds out

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT
Old 19-08-2007, 09:00 PM   #19
GISS-90BG

Car: 1990 BG Astina
Driving last night at around 2.00am on a single lane, main road. Car pulls up behind me within 5m of my rear bumper and proceeds to high beam me. I'm doing around 55, and it's a 60, so I figure its some idiot in a commo. I pull over to the left a bit to let him be a wanka and pass if he so chooses. Sure enough he flies past, and it's a ****in' TAXI ! Couldn't believe it.
GISS-90BG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2007, 01:07 PM   #20
SIlversp20

Car: 2002 BJII sp20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavoAust View Post
also, funny story from tonight. some young dude was doing donuts at the lights next to the pub i work at. he hit the gutter and stalled it, at which point an old bloke (like 60) ran over, lent in the window and took the keys out of the ignition before calling the cops..

this kid just sat there ****ting himself till the cops came. he started crying when the cops arrived, apparently it was his dads car, he didnt even have a license. his dad is gonna be soooo pissed when he finds out
serves the bugger right. theres a time and place for those things. besides the damage it can cause not just to your own car but to others aswell.

good on the old fella for doing what he did. should happen more often
SIlversp20 is offline   Reply With Quote