Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 08-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
Exile

Car: 1991 BG Astina
Unhappy In need of guidance...

Hey guys. Sorry for making this my first post, but I could really use some help with my car .

I bought my 91 BG Astina 2 years ago for $2.7k and Iv had it ever since.
(Its a 1.8L DOHC, so I guess that means I have an SP version of the car?)
When first bought, the car had a slipping clutch, faulty shocks, a cracked radiator, a torn head gasket, A pillar trims broken....the list just goes on.
Inside, the radio was mounted in place with a block of wood, the steering wheel foam was moving around the frame, blower motor has electrical issues, heating is non-existent, all badges were removed and once again the issues just keep building...

Since then, I have gotten a new OEM clutch, new OEM replacement shocks and have been lucky enough to find an A pillar mount at the wreckers for 20$.

Now my aim is to restore the cars heritage and hopefully return it to its factory form somehow.
The thing is, I have no idea where to begin...
I do have a couple of questions that I'd need help with firstly.

- The radiator has a major gash in the top of it. So id like to purchase an aluminum one to prevent cracks in the future. Could someone point me in the right direction as to where to acquire one from?

- Does anyone use those steel gaskets? If so, could they provide some feedback on them, and maybe a place where they can be purchased from?

- And would Mazda be able to get me some of the Astina badges? Also for how much approx.?

Thanks in advance guys, I hope someone will post...
Exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links