View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2006, 02:24 PM   #1
Red Frog

Car: My feet :p
Talking The Official AGT October 2006 Hunter Valley Cruise! [Finally!]

Welcome Welcome one and all!!

You have reached the thread of the Official, most talked about Mid-Lateish NSW AGT Cruise! It has been decided, from popular demand that the Hunter Valley is where this cruise will head to. It will include areas of Newcastle, Hunter Valley, Putty Rd, Wollemi National Park, and finish around Windsor.

During the day it will mostly be driving, with a few stops along the way to take photographs of cars, group shots of AGT members and also of the fantastic scenery. Lunch will be located in the Hunter Valley, which will be determined at a later date.
I will hopefully put together a few activities during the day so we can get to know our fellow AGT members a little better.
As an evening activity, I also propose that we head to the Drive In Cinemas at Blacktown, but this is optional. Imagine: turning up to the drive in with a large group of beautiful cars!

Here is a rough idea of the route we will be taking. Kudos to EddyEdwards for posting this idea in the old thread. I just love it!

Thornleigh - Hunter Valley - Putty - Windsor
or
Interactive Map Link

The cruise will begin at Thornleigh Maccas [as this is our usual meet up place when heading North], head up the Old Pacific Hwy or Sydney-Newcastle Fwy - where at some point we will meet up with the Newcastle Members [Twin Servos is an obvious place], turn off at the Hunter Valley exit and hopefully continue along a less touristy road to our lunch destination. After lunch will be a bit of sight-seeing and then will head out west to meet up with Putty Rd. Putty Rd is really where the "driving fun" begins. It consists of 141kms of brilliant twisties through two National Parks. The cruise will finish in Windsor and we can head off anywhere we like. Either Dinner or Drive In or home if you prefer.

It WILL be a Full day cruise!! Driving is about 4.5hrs all up and with stops, etc, we're looking at 6hrs+. We will definitely be leaving right on 9am from Thornleigh Maccas, so it will be an earlier start - I will post more about times at a later stage. As you can understand, the earlier we start, the more we can include in the trip, the more we can stop to enjoy the cruise and the more relaxing the day is as we don't have to rush anywhere!

The dates at the moment are set for Saturday 21st Oct or Sunday 22nd Oct. I am pushing for the Saturday as there is less "touristy" traffic on the roads. However, please enter your preference for either Sat or Sun in the poll above ONLY if you are interested in attending.

I hope this is enough information to whet your appetites for the time being! Of course I will be updating this post during the next few weeks, with much more finer details of the cruise. So PLEASE remember to keep visiting this post to check what the latest details are.

Thanks so much for the overwhelming interest in this cruise!! I'm so excited to be meeting a lot of you for the first time and catching up with the oldies

Cheers for now. I must go and eat my lunch! lol
Leigh
Old 11-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #2
Red Frog

Post Updated With Cruise Details 12.10.06

Okay official post of times, meetups etc. And lunch stops.

OFFICIAL CRUISE DETAILS!!

What? AGT October 2006 Hunter Valley Cruise

When? Saturday 21 October 2006

Where? Sydney to Hunter Valley, taking the F3 to the Hunter, then after lunch, following the Putty Rd on 141kms of brilliant twisties through two National Parks. The cruise will finish in Windsor and we can head off anywhere we like. Either Dinner or Drive In or home if you prefer. Have a look at this Map for a rough idea of the route we'll be taking. I will print out a detailed route we're taking for each person on the day.

Thornleigh - Windsor via Putty Rd

Time? Cruise will begin at Thornleigh Maccas carpark at 8.45am to leave at 9am - Guys, I'm not hanging around to wait for late people, so if you turn up late, head to the Caltex Twin Servos about 10am leaving 10.15am, then on to the Hunter. We should be in the heart of wine town about 11.30 for an early lunch. We can stop in Cessnock (or affectionately known as 'Neh-noh') to grab whatever culinary delights are on offer.

Who? All AGT, Ozmazda and OMC members and partners/friends. Please bring yourself and friends who will enjoy a day out with the Club - make sure you add them to the list. Especially those members who haven't attended a cruise before, this is the one to be on! You don't have to have a Mazda to attend (I don't).

Eating? Lunch will be in the Hunter Valley at a nice park. We'll grab takeaway somewhere and head to either a vineyard or a park to eat. So make sure you bring some money for lunch and a rug to sit on. Even a bottle of vino if you so well desire!! *May I sit near you? lol*

Meet up points?
8.45am EARLY!!, leaving 9am - Thornleigh Maccas,
10am -10.15am - F3 Northbound Caltex Twin Servos, Wyong
10.45am approx - at the Cessnock, Kurri Kurri turn-off from the freeway (Freeman's Drive), we can meet up with the Newcastle gang
Arriving Hunter Valley (around Pokolbin area): approx. 11.30-11.45am

What to bring? A clean sparkling car (obviously!), friends, UHF handheld radios/CBs - THIS IS A MUST!! (channel 21 at this stage), camera + batteries/video camera, sunscreen, water, money for lunch, a rug to sit on at lunch, a full tank of petrol and a damn good sense of humour!

Anymore questions or things that I haven't covered, post away.
I'm going to send a PM to everyone who expressed interest in attending to get a nay or yah from them and to direct them to this post.

It will be a fantastic day, no doubt about it
-------------------------------------------------------------

oh come on guys! you can't just vote and not post i'm sitting here wondering who the hell is posting and who's actually interested!

POST something! is the cruise okay as outlined above? do u want any details explained??
Old 11-09-2006, 07:58 PM   #3
rejy

Car: 95ba
Send a message via MSN to rejy Send a message via Yahoo to rejy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Frog
oh come on guys! you can't just vote and not post i'm sitting here wondering who the hell is posting and who's actually interested!

POST something! is the cruise okay as outlined above? do u want any details explained??

YES interrested for saturday

I think the details are ok i will meet yous at the twin servos then drive to the valley and then when yous start the putty rd run i will prob say my good byes i really want to do the putty rd run i might do a little , it will be great to meets some new people
rejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:32 PM   #4
Mazda_Brian

Car: Soarer Twin Turbo
Send a message via MSN to Mazda_Brian Send a message via Yahoo to Mazda_Brian
Add me to the Cruise Leigh

And Danielle.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:23 AM   #5
Zooming Bravo

Car: 1992 121 Bubble & 2005 SDX Bravo d/cab t/diesel 4x4
Send a message via MSN to Zooming Bravo Send a message via Skype™ to Zooming Bravo
Leigh,

I did vote for Sunday before reading the post but I think your reasoning for Saturday is a better option..

Count Janet and I in and her Astina.....sounds great and lets see whats playing at the flicks as that would be fun to finish it off...

dave
Old 12-09-2006, 01:26 PM   #6
EddyEdwards

Saturday ^.^
Old 12-09-2006, 06:06 PM   #7
mike_d87
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Astina
i'm a maybe at this stage because i have to get new suspension, i'll see how i go
mike_d87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:13 PM   #8
ATOMIC
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 2007 Toyota Corolla Ascent/1996 Mazda 323 Astina
Send a message via MSN to ATOMIC
Saturday, since it's my 21st Birthday.

2007 Toyota Corolla Ascent
1996 Mazda 323 Astina - Profile
1994 Subaru Impreza GX
ATOMIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:11 PM   #9
Laser the Amazer

Send a message via ICQ to Laser the Amazer Send a message via MSN to Laser the Amazer
I'm a maybe

not fussed on which day if I do attend

hope you don't mind the Astra

Rob
Old 13-09-2006, 09:04 AM   #10
DB0984
Boostin Member

Car: ????
Send a message via MSN to DB0984
I am interested. May not do the putty rd section, might just head back to newcastle via singleton. depends on the day. Dont care which day.

94 Ford Laser XL - Trent
03 Mazda Astina SP20 - Sam
06 Mazda 3 MPS - Miff

Now happily boostin
DB0984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2006, 07:47 PM   #11
Beau

Car: 300zx
Send a message via MSN to Beau
im down as a maybe.. i have english HSC paper on friday the 20th, then english paper two and d and t on monday
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2006, 11:58 AM   #12
EddyEdwards

Glad to see your taking it seriously though. I'm gonna go on the cruise anyway - for me it's time better spent because I know I wouldn't study anyway. Just did my Music exams yesterday, only 5 left to do after the holidays.
Old 14-09-2006, 01:49 PM   #13
FLiP

Car: 2005 Polo GTi
Send a message via MSN to FLiP
Would prefer Sunday, but work is unpredictable so I'm a maybe as well.
FLiP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2006, 03:57 PM   #14
Beau

Car: 300zx
Send a message via MSN to Beau
well i never said i wasnt going.. its still a maybe.. and im with u - probably wouldnt study anyways.. plus - getting out with all the other astinas is time better spent anways ey?? lol.. good luck with urs too
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2006, 05:41 PM   #15
mazdamanik

Car: Was an Astina now a Commohore :-(
Send a message via MSN to mazdamanik
im a maybe depends on time, work and money sunday pro be a better chance
Old 14-09-2006, 08:54 PM   #16
Critter

Car: SP20
Likely
Adjustable lowered suspension with monster brakes
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2006, 11:51 PM   #17
butters323

Send a message via MSN to butters323
put me down as a mebbe too.. it all depends how uni is treatin me. ATm its been smashing me to bits... hence me not on forums much.. but im keen for abit of hunter. I would meet at the twin servos since im a coastie too.
Old 15-09-2006, 07:20 PM   #18
Joczy

Car: .
Im more than likely going to have Saturday off, so saturday sounds good to me =)
Joczy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2006, 07:14 PM   #19
Red Frog

fecking massive guys!!!
kewl, will make up a post a bit later of yessies and maybes

great response!
Old 17-09-2006, 11:59 AM   #20
butters323

Send a message via MSN to butters323
lol im just keen to go on a cruise without a smashed up car... lol for once its all in one piece (btw im never at fault hahahah) TOUCH WOOD times a million