Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 01-08-2006, 07:17 PM   #1
EddyEdwards

Frustrated

Good news and bad news...

Bad news first; it is I'm still an L-Plater, failed my driving test again. Today I failed because I didn't give way to someone when I was turning right at a set of lights or something, I can't remember what she said I wasn't really concentrating on her words at that point in time. I think it mighta been someone turning right and I was in the middle of the intersection or something and - oh hell I really don't know - I didn't see it at all (good thing I failed then huh?). Perfect drive and a score to match but once again I got this god damn ****ing little cross down the bottom that tells me that I 'commited' a 'fail' item. I'm driving my Dad's landcruiser so I can obtain the much more desirable manual certified Provisionals.

Last time it was because two times my indicator clicked itself off two early and I didn't put it back on (even though in my memory I did at least one of those times, I'm going to trust the RTA biatches rather than myself though.)

Rah Rah Rah Rah Rah There's no way I can fail next week.

Whatever man. Whatever.

Good news is, I got something thats been troubling me for a very long time done because I'm probably the poorest person I know (that'll change come start of next year when I get my promotion I'm promised)... I got money to Daniel M, and Ryan T in transit... I dunno how to express my apologies on that one... sorry? I feel extremely slack about that guys, especially to you Ryan champ, I'll polish your boots for you should I meet you in an extravagant cruise one day - I do plan on it when I get my damn P's.

This rants over thank god.

Last edited by EddyEdwards; 01-08-2006 at 07:25 PM.
EddyEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2006, 07:31 PM   #2
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
Dude,
Please take this in a posative way.
Driving tests are not designed to be easy and sometimes life throws in obsticals that no one expects. Your job is to practice harder, study longer and next time you will earn your licence.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:45 PM   #3
EddyEdwards

Just when you think you can't fail, I find a way :P Without looking :P Hehe yeah I know, I got nothing to lose by failing, just alot of money that its added up to now :P I won't fail next week trust me! I look forward to cruising with you guys in future.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:10 PM   #4
Beau

Car: 300zx
Send a message via MSN to Beau
good luck... again.... haha! sucker! :P

just jokin man..

(i cant talk.. it took me 4 times before i walked out of the rta a happy person.. well.. happier.. the photo came out ****house, as always ive heard)

dont stress about it.. all they want is money, and will continue to take it from u until u dont let them and drive perfectly.

your lucky ur getting your bookings in so early, there was a 3 month wait between bookings wen i went..
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 08:31 PM   #5
Melbastina
AstinaGT Regular

Send a message via MSN to Melbastina
Well, keep practicing...
Old 01-08-2006, 09:53 PM   #6
sandman_kar
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 2003 Mazda 6 Luxury Sport Hatch
Send a message via MSN to sandman_kar
yeh dont worry mate. doing the test a few times will make u a better driver. sum p-plates only pass out of luck.
sandman_kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:43 AM   #7
Tom
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 2004 Subaru Liberty 2.5i
i failed the first time because i got to a roundabout, and the person coming in on my right didnt have his indicator on, and didnt turn it on until he got into the roundabout..

i had stopped, and there were cars stopped behind me..

i lost points because i "unnesessarily (sp?) held up traffic"..

then i also stuffed up my reverse park, and didnt look down streets often enough (even though i did, just i have PERIFERAL VISION.. meaning EYEBALLS that can LOOK AROUND without me turning my head, as most human beings have..

the dude wanted me to turn my head when looking.. i dont see the difference? lol..

anyway, i had to wait a month before going again (school holidays + busy rta).. but ill tell you what, i killed it that time! because i practised heaps and perfected everythign..

so failing teh first time was more like constructive criticism, only helped make me better in the long run!

Good luck dude, you can do it
Old 02-08-2006, 08:46 AM   #8
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
then i also stuffed up my reverse park, and didnt look down streets often enough (even though i did, just i have PERIFERAL VISION.. meaning EYEBALLS that can LOOK AROUND without me turning my head, as most human beings have..
Yeah my instructor said the same thing to me, as i just used my peripheral vision rather than turning my head - which the testers like to see. Didn't fail because of it, but it was annoying to have to exaggerate my movements

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:05 AM   #9
Joczy

Car: .
Take it easy mate, *breathe in breathe out* you'll get it next time. a Mate of mine took 6 goes to get hers... Most of the time sit was silly thing slike she went through an Amber light and got faled, then the next time she stopped at an amber light and got failed again coz she didnt go through!. You cant win sometimes hehe

At least you didnt do a tupid thing like my bro who failed his the 1st time for speeding! haha silly boy he was.

Hope it all turns out well for you next time
Joczy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:17 AM   #10
Tom
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 2004 Subaru Liberty 2.5i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupewrecht
Yeah my instructor said the same thing to me, as i just used my peripheral vision rather than turning my head - which the testers like to see. Didn't fail because of it, but it was annoying to have to exaggerate my movements
i didnt fail on it, but it knocked points down, pushing me into a fail..

but haha it was annoying to have to.. so each street id turn my head slightly.. then once i got my p's, then i could slip back into my habits lol..

but dude! youll be right, learn from your mistakes and youll do good
Old 02-08-2006, 11:41 AM   #11
andrewgrazier

yeah ive heard this from like lots of places and people
all you have to do is keep lookin around with ya head all the time
n youll be fine!
andrewgrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #12
skippy
Resident Dissident

Car: Alfa 156 TS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joczy
At least you didnt do a tupid thing like my bro who failed his the 1st time for speeding! haha silly boy he was.
happens to the best of us, dam 40 zones,

anyway just a little advise,

I would try as hard as possible to get another manual instead of the landcruiser. Hell I know I would mark someone harder if they are going to be driving a 2+ tonne vehicle.
The smallest cleanest manual you can get.

Otherthing,
if you haven't already see if you can get in a proper driving lesson, I am sure you drive fine but knowing what they are looking for helps alot. Cause some of the stuff people fail for is just rediculous.

Just a few ideas but yeah good luck you will do fine.

Oh and finally remember you have not failed till they tell you you have. I hit the gutter TWICE on my reverse park and assumed I failed, but nup passed it.
skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:49 AM   #13
EddyEdwards

Yeah I think we all got marked down on that one, I lost a point on observation because I didn't look over my right shoulder when doing a reverse park, even though I could see theres no one beside me and once I've got the car in reverse I've got my head so far over my shoulder It's impossible to to see whos coming down the road...

My sheet yesty was like this...
Test result
X SORRY! YOU DID NOT QUALIFY
X You commited a 'Fail' or 'Immediate Fail' item
X 90+
Driving Course Checks
X GAP Safely crossing or entering the traffic stream at an intersection. Selecting a safe traffic gap for a lane change. Not rejecting safe gaps.
X OBD Checking mirrors and blindspots before changing lanes, merging or diverging.
X SIG Signalling when required to.
Manoeuvres
Reverse park

X Observation
Fail and Immediate Fail items
F 2. Failing to give way when necessary.

Lol damn :P Next week guys!

Skippy: Yeah I know what you mean about the cruiser :P I just can't afford to hire out the little Hyundai Getz from the instructor I had lessons with, even though it's the cheapest around.

Last edited by EddyEdwards; 02-08-2006 at 11:53 AM.
EddyEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:13 PM   #14
Mad Mat
HONEYWELL REPRESENT

Car: 1997 BA Hardtop - Had a 2003 BJii J48 Sport20, and 2x bg SOHC astina hatches
Send a message via MSN to Mad Mat
hey man don't worry about it. its just a learning curve. u will learn from your mistakes. it took me 4 times to get my licence. so dont worry man it will come. just keep practiceing

1994 323 BG Hatch 2005-2007 Crashed into truck
1991 323 BG Hatch 2007-2008/9 SOLD
2003 BJ SP20 J48 Hatch 2008-2011 Regretfully SOLD
1997 BA I4 Sedan 2012-CURRENT
1985 BF 323 Hatch 2014-2015
SOLD
1989 MX5 2015-2015
Mad Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:04 PM   #15
LYNX
AstinaGT Regular

Car: MAZDA 323 BG SP
Send a message via MSN to LYNX
i got my licence first go and i learned to drive in a land cruiser
LYNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:44 PM   #16
skippy
Resident Dissident

Car: Alfa 156 TS
got a mate with a ****er you can borrow,
skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #17
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyEdwards
I got money to Daniel M, and Ryan T in transit... I dunno how to express my apologies on that one... sorry? I feel extremely slack about that guys, especially to you Ryan champ, I'll polish your boots for you should I meet you in an extravagant cruise one day - I do plan on it when I get my damn P's.
Do I have money on the way? Oh goodie!!! I will be able to feed my kids this week. hehe. Lucky I haven't sold the item you wanted. Red or Grey? I have so forgotten.

Ryan

p.s. I am a champ hehehehehehehe
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #18
MAztinA 323

Car: 1989 Nissan Silvia CA18DET
Send a message via MSN to MAztinA 323
yea dont take it 2 harshly, i failed the 1st time for a very minor thing (at least it was in my eyes-going a little past a stop sign and it was right at the start of the test!) but got it the second. and that really annoyed me cause i wanted to drive my gf (then) around but had to wait another couple of weeks . they just want the money from u is what i say
Old 03-08-2006, 12:46 PM   #19
andrewgrazier

hehe
Oh yeah
also
some of the worst drivers i know got theirs the first time!
andrewgrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:04 PM   #20
EddyEdwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayryry
Do I have money on the way? Oh goodie!!! I will be able to feed my kids this week. hehe. Lucky I haven't sold the item you wanted. Red or Grey? I have so forgotten.

Ryan

p.s. I am a champ hehehehehehehe
I'd eat about $15 of food a day, how do you plan on feeding the younglings for a week on that budget :P? The Grey cap it was.