Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 17-08-2018, 07:47 PM   #1
hoanghuy553

Car: cx5
Im newbie

Hi :-)

I don't own a mazda CX5 yet... but i want one

I will proberly be asking for some help soon :P so I thought i better sign up

Are there anything to look for when buying a mazda CX5 Astina? I want 96 ^ and I don't want to pay more then 7000.

Great Site!!
hoanghuy553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 18-08-2018, 04:46 PM   #2
Jazzy

Car: BJII SP20 Astina 5spd
A 1996 built CX5 Astina is a very (very) rare vehicle. Don't think you will find one that easily. I don't have a CX5 Astina, but I do have a CX5 Protégé. It is a very limited Mazdaspeed edition, and is much rarer than the CX5 Astina, but I don't think I could sell it for 7000. It's worth a bit more than that.

Things to look out for on a '96 CX5 Astina, are the weld joins. Check the welding at the A and C pillars in particular. Pay attention to the firewall join. Mazda had to do some fancy engineering work to build the CX5 Astinas. Look for misaligned panels too. If the panels look a little out of place, and the bodylines don't match too well, don't worry too much, that was how they were built, and is the reason why a CX5 Astina stands out in a crowd. They really were special "cars".

Which '96 CX5 Astina model are you after? The Skyactive-G with the BP-VPS 1.8 I4 motor, or the Skyactive-D with the KF-VPS 2.0 V6 motor? The '96 Mazda CX5 Astina 323 Skyactive Lantis Mazdaspeed is the pick of the bunch. If you find one of these, buy it!! No matter the price, as it is only going up in value. By the day.

Let me know if you need anymore info on the CX5 Astina. Or if you would like to purchase my CX5 Protégé instead. I maybe willing to sell it for the right price. You would have to arrange shipping to Paris though as I'm very busy. Do you need the car in a hurry? We can work something out if so. Let me know.

Last edited by Jazzy; 18-08-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Jazzy is offline   Reply With Quote