Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 29-07-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
Tinting

so yea i got my windows tinted at Tint A Car at slacks creek. i have to say that they did a real good job on the windows
but i just want to warn you guys, to take photos of your car b4 it is to b taken anywere. i came home and cleaned my tail gate and at that point noticed a masive crease in the paint. this shocked me quite a bit especialy cus its noticable, and i know my car back to front n this wasnt there b4 i dropped the car of. so i went to ask them what has happend when they started throwing all of this oh we didnt do it it must have been like that, im a paint expert that is like that due to painting, we didnt do it blah blah blah. so i decided to take them to court, and will be contacting the small claims tribunal later today. it is souch a discrase that ppl like that are allowed to work. but what else can i do right now. the tail gate is ruined, the paint wasnt scratched but creased but its visible in any light
Old 29-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

Car: MINI Cooper S 2003
to be honest your wasting yourtime...you wont get anywhere...from the sounds of it you dont have proof...so yeah...youll spend more money going to small claims court...
bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
-dc-

Car: BA Hatch
sounds like a waste of time taking them to court, i'd save my time and money and just replace the tailgate. it would be faster and cheaper.

there is no point trying to get any kind of claim thru the courts if you have no evidence at all to prove/backup your claim.

i think your kidding yourself if u think its worthwhile going to court and chasing $100-$200...

MORE PARTS FOR SALE!!! Have a look!!
CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT!!
-dc- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #4
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

Car: MINI Cooper S 2003
to be honest one these tail gates is about $500-$1000 plus painting
bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #5
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

ye ok so this is very awqward
after speaking to a friend of myn who did pannel beating he slaped me on the back of the head n told me that that was painters fault. the crease was a flaw in the paint due to the spraying tecnique (doing one side of the tail gate then the other instead of all in one piece) and that PROBABLY the very cold weather made the paint retract and thus the crease appear. cus i know it wasnt there yesterdai so i assumed it wasnt there this morning, n i didnt know bout the stupid paint retracting due to cold weather so yeah i feel like a complete tool now. just bad timing
sorry 4 starting a thread about BS btw
Old 29-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #6
DavoAust

Car: Red '93 3000GT / Black '08 Ninja 250R
Send a message via MSN to DavoAust
lol thats pretty funny. but yeah paint does get affected by temperature both when you're spraying it and ambient during normal conditions. the dodgy repair job i did on the rear quarter panel is pretty obvious atm due to the cold, its given me incentive to sand it back, bog it better and respray, along with both bumpers lol
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT
DavoAust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #7
jdm_eg

Car: 1995 BA Astina
i have a friend who is a window tinter.
the crease in you car could possibly be the tinters fault as they use heat guns to apply the tint to window.....speaking from experience as my mate
accidently creased/heated paint on my ex-gf's car..
....just my 2cents....
jdm_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2008, 11:21 AM   #8
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

really... hmm interesting. what did the crease look like??? cus myn is on plastic part, and it looks like a scratch (that thickness) but its not a straight, nor is it curved. its rather iregular. like it has a generally very straight shape, but when you look at it from up closer you can see that the line vibrates left and right every half cm or so
i mean im over it really now you cant even c it unless you really look, but im just that anal about stuff on my car, cus i know its there its not good