Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Off Topic

Old 03-12-2014, 04:34 AM   #1
ghetto3

Car: 97 ba 1.8 323
hackers

Hey guys, is anybody being bombarded with viruses every time they try to log in? Ive tried to clean my smart phone and laptop using numerous tools etc and ultimately replaced phone and simcard only to be infected again as soon as I log in. I've also recently discovered a number of posts on other forums that were not mine and am getting quite pissed at having to deal with this ****. I've tried all the usual antivirus software and consulted my I.T. genius brother in law and even he cannot get rid of it. I'd be surprised if this post gets through without being overtaken by the gettinglaidcom or slimspot crap that keeps occuring. Any suggestions apart from throwing my phone in the river?

Last edited by ghetto3; 14-12-2014 at 11:05 PM.
ghetto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
ghetto3

Car: 97 ba 1.8 323
I ended up figuring it out. It was a virus Posing as a norton anti virus update that i unwittingly clicked on. The ip address was, with much persistance, traced to "rakesh" in india. He was sent a stout warning by the federal cyber guys as it was a known scam. Unfortunately for "rakesh" i dont do internet banking for this very reason, nor do i have a paypal account so he/she/it lost interest in me very quickly and moved on to scamming other people.
You'd think with their apparent abundance of intellect they'd find an easier way of making $$$. I mean seriously, how hard would it be for them to fake a working visa and put their skills to use in an affluent country earning 6 figure salaries with the weight of forged documents helping to get their foot in the door of multi national corporations who legitimately scam large sums out of people with the full endorsement of the law behind them?
One way to protect your online purchases is to use a post office issued 'load and go' debit card. It allows acces to visa transactions and it can only be compromised once, preventing scumbags from open access to your hard earnt repeatedly.
Having a low credit rating helps too haha.
ghetto3 is offline   Reply With Quote