Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 01-08-2006, 06:54 AM   #1
Noble323
E74A

Car: SP20
Ive Got A Oil Leak Near The Oil Filter On BA V6 But.....

Hey Again,

Ive Got A Oil Leak Near The Oil Filter On BA V6 But i thought i was the oil filter when i did a full service, we replaced the filter but still leaking, the oil filter has oil on it, im thinking its coming from the top - but the top is the oil cooler, it looks like its got a little oil on it, but might be from the car moving and spashing up ????? i dunno but the top looks alright not really wet with oil, the oil plug (not sure its name) but that was replaced and looks all dry .

Now im thinking it cant be the oil filter again....... must be something else but what ???????? every thing else look dry on top of it ??????

Any ideas, i know its abit hard, but has anyone had this problem ???
Noble323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2006, 02:30 PM   #2
AstinaBoiV6

Car: ba
Send a message via MSN to AstinaBoiV6
did you have a seal on the filter?? :P When i took mine off today to change oil the old seal from crappy valvoline filter stuck onto the body and when i went to put my new PUreone filter i was like wtf is this seal on for lol ... took bout 5 secs to figure out it not ment to b ther but perhaps for some reason theres no seal on ur filter and well that would b the problem..

my advice: first get degreaser and spray all that area. hose off, dry with rags and see for leaks.. drive around a day and then see for leaks. cant find 1 then take the splashguard off and have a better look.. other option take front bar off but that would b a pain in the arse..

Team AJ Member PM 4 details
AstinaBoiV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:12 AM   #3
Noble323
E74A

Well its not the filter and it dosnt look like its the oil presure switch as well, hmmmmmm and it looks like its dry on top, i wonder what on top of the oil cooler - if any pipes/hoses/bolts/nuts on top that are faulty and need replacing ................................

Again any help would be much apperciated
Old 03-08-2006, 06:33 AM   #4
Noble323
E74A

Thanks guys - please you all gave me too much info on what it could be (which was only one - lol)

I Think i got it, have to test it in couple more days, but day one no leaks yet, so hopefully it was what we did !!!
Old 03-08-2006, 12:55 PM   #5
Sammy

Car: 95 V6 astina hatchback
hey
sounds like the same problem i hav in my BA V6!.. i changed the oil n the oil filter in the hope that was all it was but its still leaking from somewhere. if u figure it out let me kno plz!
if not its due for a service soonish and i'll get the mechanic to have a look then
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:54 AM   #6
boostedbatman
Manpink Crusader

Car: 1990 GD mx6 F2T, and soon I might drive the batmoobile once again
Send a message via MSN to boostedbatman
Sammy the most common place for an oil leak is the valve covers so get a tissue and wipe the underside edge clean
Drive it then check again next day
Rear cover is most common in a used car as most people will opt to change the front and give up on the rear as its a job to get to
boostedbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:46 AM   #7
AstinaBoiV6

Car: ba
Send a message via MSN to AstinaBoiV6
mite i add that i think mazda did a really good job in placing the oil filter where it is on the V6.. i have owrked on other cars and sometimess getin the dang thing off is hard and end up geting burnt by the zorst. .. hope u find that leak ...

Team AJ Member PM 4 details
AstinaBoiV6 is offline   Reply With Quote