Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 17-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #81
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Quote:
Originally Posted by project.r.racing View Post
Seriously you expect us to take you serious also with you tangents?

The first part of you post has nothing to do with the subject matter.

Then your attempt to get serious and end up 20% off.

**** off, go ride some of your crusty West Sydney hookers and stop posting ****.
Well you too can Suck my Dick. You can be 1199 on that job.

I stand by the last bit - ITS A BIT OF A WANK. For one - Most of the car don't carry enough power to weight to need such over done brakes. You make them slower with more - UNSPRUNG WEIGHT. (I exclude BPT conversions and any real turbo add on's here)
Majority of braking is on the Front in most applications. Oh brake bias, is again something that comes in to effect. If Yes you don't have ABS or electronic control. As well as When your at the track hammering it and you get fade and possible rear lock up.

Having been to all Superlap/time attacks and working along side some club spring and mostly Open cars. Even S2000 I've closely followed only need to go bigger on Rear when they Went REALLY REALY BIG on front. 8 piston 400mm size.

I stand by the fact that I don't see the point, if
A you don't take it to the track - and you don't have the power to really need it.

as for you Jab on hookers and my first point.

Maybe you don't SEE AFP cars often.

I do and Yes but not western Sydney - That is too far west for me.
I see them often in Potts point. Where the AFP officers have important people to protect. Like me.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #82
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
i dont suck blokes dicks. might be your cup or tea. but i'm not keen. i reject your offer.
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #83
Aaron
Stiff Member

Car: 1994 Lynx BP-T
Ohh FFS to bring this back on track..

Yeah a rear upgrade is not as valuable as a front upgrade or simply ensuring that all components in the system are working as best they can.

What I have gotten out of my Rear upgrade:
* The car sits flatter under heavy braking/braking from higher speeds.
* There is more consistent performance of the braking system as the rear previously faded earlier than the fronts. Now they're pretty equal.

At the end of the day it was basically "free" with the only cost on top of a regular swap of rotors and pads being the MX5 caliper carriers.

I'm looking at doing a similar swap on my GT220 to 300mm rears when it's due for Pads/rotors too. With EBD and ABS it will make the most of the extra braking at the rear.