Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Audio Hi-fi

Old 25-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
HAIGHIE

Car: 99, BJ 323 astina hatch
slight audio problem

ok so got a new alpine F-30 4 channel
i put it in today all works good and really clear only problem is i can't turn it up loud. well i can but it's as if it gose in to a safty mode, sub still works just not sound out of the speakers, other then that everything else is good, i can lisen to it at a medium level just can't crank it, any idea's would be great help.
thanks in advance
HAIGHIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 25-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
sounds like alpine have saved your ears! never heard of that before. try going into the menu/setup (usually by holding a button while turning it on) and see if theres an option to disable it?
Old 25-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
LTN000

Car: 2001 BJ Astina
sounds like the amp is clipping.. can you adjust the gain on the amp? if so turn it down a little and tue it with your head unit
LTN000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
Ben

Car: MPS
Adjust the amp settings, just crank the gain up slowly and it should be alright. If not check your headuntit settings.. the HPF might be on a ridiculous level.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
HAIGHIE

Hey i've got the gain on the amp at normal! Well thats whats printed on the ampand the it gose up from there or i can go down but it's quieter then not having the amp, i chaneges the high pass filter on the head deck and not real diffeance still cuts off.
Old 26-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
Could it be voltage related? Try disconnecting the sub amp and see what happens. Or grab a multimeter and check voltage under load.
Old 26-09-2011, 10:30 PM   #7
phunkdust
AstinaGT Regular

Car: SP20
Being an alpine it'll cut out in an overcurrent situation - you could be running a load with too low an impedance (or dodgy wiring could be causing the same effect) - if it thinks it's sinking too much power into it's outputs it'll go into protect mode. Could also be insufficient power supply to the amp, or you've introduced DC into the line inputs somehow.
phunkdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #8
SLY 323

Car: 95' Mazda BA 323
Check that none of the speakers have gone open circuit and if you have splits that the crossovers arnt having an issue as this can cause problems of that nature.

Clipping does sound like a more realistic answer to your problem though.
Old 30-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #9
Drift Thorpey

Car: 89 Astina BG DOHC
Haigh, can you give us more info as to what the amp is powering?

It can be anything ranging from incorrect settings, to poor wiring or a poor connection at one of the terminals. Can you tell us what guage power wire you are running to your amp, what ohm resistance your speakers run, and the WRMS they are rated for?

This will assist us in finding the msot likely issue to your amp turning itself into safety mode.

Thanks buddy
Drift Thorpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #10
HAIGHIE

Hey drift thorpy, i've got 8 guage power cable running to the amp as well as the earth, umm the amp is a 300W rms so it'll like 70 rms to each channel, i've got alpine type S splits in the rear doors and componets in the front( so with the seperate tweeders) both front and rear are 6 1/2 inch speakers, and there reated 75 rms and run on 4ohm i'm pretty sure i'll dubblemcheck when i get home from work, the the amp is designed for these speakers by alpine. My hole system is alpine. I did take it to ( O.F.E ) and he tested all my speakers checked how i ran all the cabling and said it's all good and he tuned the system for me but still happening he said it could be power supply so i bourght an optima yellow top, and still happening i've changed the battery terminals so the can acomodate the power cables and i've run and extra body to earth cable tothe battery in 4 guage, so i'm stumped. I tbink it was 14 guage i put from the amp to speakers. If you wanna know anymore details, nust ask and i'll get them up for ya
Again thanks in advance..
Old 04-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #11
SLY 323

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAIGHIE View Post
Hey drift thorpy, i've got 8 guage power cable running to the amp as well as the earth, umm the amp is a 300W rms so it'll like 70 rms to each channel, i've got alpine type S splits in the rear doors and componets in the front( so with the seperate tweeders) both front and rear are 6 1/2 inch speakers, and there reated 75 rms and run on 4ohm i'm pretty sure i'll dubblemcheck when i get home from work, the the amp is designed for these speakers by alpine. My hole system is alpine. I did take it to ( O.F.E ) and he tested all my speakers checked how i ran all the cabling and said it's all good and he tuned the system for me but still happening he said it could be power supply so i bourght an optima yellow top, and still happening i've changed the battery terminals so the can acomodate the power cables and i've run and extra body to earth cable tothe battery in 4 guage, so i'm stumped. I tbink it was 14 guage i put from the amp to speakers. If you wanna know anymore details, nust ask and i'll get them up for ya
Again thanks in advance..
Bring it to us @ Frankies?
We can try having a look.

If all terminals are all okay, if everything is in phase o.k. It's most likely an amplifier problem.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #12
HAIGHIE

do you work at frankies?
do use work on alpine?
Old 05-10-2011, 05:31 PM   #13
SLY 323

We don't supply Alpine, though we would be able to diagnose the problem, & fix it. Obviously for a fee.

My first bet, if all wires are okay, and tune is good, AMP must be no good.