Car: BJII sp20
Wtac nemo racing

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...ussion/page-17

Well this is interesting!
Old 15-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
It's the FB link that is most interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

WTAC was a bloody disgrace this year - the organisation was pretty terrible, and the rules and scrutineering was a complete joke.

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
this stuff happens all the time. it never goes too public cos the amounts aren't as high as this. i've seen it 100s of times. this has just gone huge i guess now that social media has a role in justice/revenge.
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #4
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
Someone I know shared the status on Wednesday, Chris Eaton is one bloke that'll surely see whats coming to him soon...
Old 15-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #5
DVS
AstinaGT Regular

Car: BJII sp20
Quote:
Originally Posted by project.r.racing View Post
this stuff happens all the time. it never goes too public cos the amounts aren't as high as this. i've seen it 100s of times. this has just gone huge i guess now that social media has a role in justice/revenge.
Your right it does happen a lot but how can you think you would get away with something like this at that sort of level is beyond me
Old 15-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #6
derb

Car: 1993 BG Astina GT-X
Can I get a summary? Unpaid bills, who's getting what done to them?
Old 16-11-2013, 12:43 AM   #7
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Well in simple terms.

You have someone wanting to be a superstar gets thins Alleged done and then does not pay. Or a Typical Gold coast con man IMO

This is as noted common. It's why I call 90% of racing especially non club racing Cheque book racing and WTAC is cheque Book Racing.
I heard bits here and there he's not the only one. Take note - Insight motorsport paid for 3 cars to enter I don't think I saw one at the track. even one I know the owner of.
Regardless of what you hear - unemployment is going up and Times are tough. IMO depending on how things go WTAC could be like Drifting soon. Dead.

Many of the cars in the higher end of the field especially local cars. Are owned by ? People who don't actually have much to do with Motorsport. You will note many don't even race the car. Some will say it's to get the best others because they don't actually WANT TO LOOSE .
Some cars are built by shops but they too must have a limit somewhere. Sponsors will only take so much cost off the hands. Many shops silly enough to be involved due to - lets say friendship will put up much cost. Those silly enough not to get half front payment or contract it out legally well ? Kill the friendship.

This is not different to what has happened even in the ATCC or V8 supercars in the past.

It's not that it does not go public, it's just Social media makes it easy to broadcast across to all the people involved.

But you have to question this. Many of the owners of these cars in pro and open- how many are well known Money people ? Meaning your successful John Singleton type ? Most are oh - he owns a Café store - or building company (yet not mirvac) Runs a tyre store ?
Some of them are doing it as a Tax break - but if your not a direct link you get it through sponsorship and only so much.

The amount of money spent and lost by some, I think would be very high at this time.

The irony I find is how many owners are in effect Ripped off by Some workshops - lets say not giving the BEST advice.

I got this funny feeling as always someone looking to make a profit off the glory- basically build it win it and sell it. I don't see any profit but when your getting many products under a development clause it's had to sell.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
z100

Car: 2003 Protege Sp20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupewrecht View Post
WTAC was a bloody disgrace this year - the organisation was pretty terrible, and the rules and scrutineering was a complete joke.
The worst part for me was that accident that took out the AE86 drift car (can't recall the driver), why wasn't there any marshals?
z100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Yeah that was a typical F-up because they have been very slack on the rules for the drifters. Was originally no plans for them to do display until they combined it with the practice etc. Then on Sunday the way they did go about it might have been good fro crowd but it was knife edge for a disaster.

The crazy thing was when it started even back at Oran park- NO REFUELING IN THE PITS/PIT GARAGES but **** I think from 2010 I've seen it done. Hell I was in one and a guy was smoking while some people were pouring in race fuel.
I know now today public place can't smoke anywhere.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote