Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 11-11-2015, 10:35 PM   #1
63impala

Car: sp20
mounts and rubber help needed asap.

Hi guys
I have an sp20 2001 today started to do the clutch and timing belt full all out service . From what I see engine mounts are on there last legs so might replace while it's accessable. Problem I seem to find is down the bottom crossmember rubber don't know what it's called can't seem to find any info. Also getting confused on engine mounts as there is apparently a different left mount for sp20 manual as opposed to other models. I'm not after performance products like AWR mounts too expensive.
guys any help would go a long way. Even where to buy the products or part numbers.
Thanks
Miguel
63impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 15-11-2015, 07:25 PM   #2
HAIGHIE

Car: 99, BJ 323 astina hatch
Hey mate.

No exactly ire about the rubber you ere taking about unless your talking about the engine mount that lots to the frot tore are crossmember

If so then it's jut an engine mount

You would be able to get the engine mounts from most auto parts stores or suspension shops,

Have heard also about the different rear engine mount for the SP20's but never noticed any difference between any I've worked on.

Another option is to get Hard Race engine mount a nice upgrade from stock wth out the harshness of the AWRmounts, and less prone to breaking compared to the OEM type

HAIGHIE is offline   Reply With Quote