Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > Queensland

Old 29-08-2006, 01:01 PM   #41
skippy
Resident Dissident

Car: Alfa 156 TS
Firstly,
Who was the Polly/respectable member of the community who got of his speeding fine repealed as he was doing it on an empty road in a sports car? This sets legal precedent that a car that is built to go faster is safer. So slow cars do not make safe cars.

Secondly
Changing the penalty system, the younger you are the less you understand that big grown up word “consequences”. I think the consequences need to be clearer. Basically if you can die in just one incident I don’t see why you have to be doing something totally ****ing crazy to lose your P plates first go. Why the second chance? I just don’t get it. If you can die with out getting a warning why can’t you lose your license without one?
Make it simple, make it harsh, make it enforceable, and make it known.

Thirdly,
If rules are left wide open to interpretation and there is a budgeted amount of fines to be collected each year this will result in widely differing rules depending on who the cop is and how well they are going in making their budgeted fine quota (FYI Yes its a fact fines revenue is budgeted each year, so your cop station falls $10,000 behind target that needs to be made up somehow, no OT, no Christmas party dunno but it needs to be recovered)

Fourthly,
Who watched Top Gear Last night?
Well that had a bit on the Ford Transit, those big ugly ole transport vans. Anyway they where racing one around some track and it was taking over bikes left and right. A clear example that it’s the driver that makes cars goes fast not the car themselves. It is quite interesting I feel the need to clarify that??????????

Objects don’t kill people people kill people.
(Well until the Terminator comes around)

Control the people not the object,
skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 06:24 PM   #42
terninatortim

I've got a real gripe against Today Tonight, not just for harping on the hoon thing so often but using bogus footage when they do. The last story I saw on it had its first 5 shots on cars at a SKID PAN. That's right, the story was opened with reckless hoons drifting on a racing track. They must have gone off to Mt Cotton or QLD Raceway or something to get footage, litereally half of the shots were from places like that.

Wasn't the first time they've done it either. Has anyone else noticed?

About the laws - in essence i believe in most of them, but the term for "high powered car" is far too broad in the sense of modification etc, but may also leave out old v6 bombs like falcons and commodors. Also, from a mechanical engineer's POV, this stuff screws up the market for low powered, FI and economical cars (eg new super-turbo'd VW).

Also, I don't see any point in having speed limits for P platers, having known family in NSW who have gone through that system. a 100 zone is a 100 zone, if you're going 80 you're holding up traffic. I mean, if you do that on the highway now, the police will book you (happened to a friend).

Personally, I'd like too see defensive driving become compulsuary, and why not have some cheap, if not free, drive parks? I know it might be an insurance nightmare or something, but you can't argue that they wouldn't be used. Look how much willowbank and QR is used, and they charge a bucketload. Having somewhere to go to try out stuff like drifting in a safe environment without emptying your pockets would encourage a lot of people to come off the streets, and at least leave those who do use the streets without excuse.
Old 29-08-2006, 06:34 PM   #43
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

Car: MINI Cooper S 2003
if in NSW and you show your P plate or L plate im sure the cops cant book you for doin the speed limit your sposed to...but havin a speed limit of max 80 for a L is stupid not only do they not get the experience of drivin at 100km/h they are endagering others lives as people on 1 lane 100km zones get crazy if someones doin 80.
bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2006, 06:55 PM   #44
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbon
if in NSW and you show your P plate or L plate im sure the cops cant book you for doin the speed limit your sposed to...but havin a speed limit of max 80 for a L is stupid not only do they not get the experience of drivin at 100km/h they are endagering others lives as people on 1 lane 100km zones get crazy if someones doin 80.
As someone who went through the 80km/h pain I was frustrated by being passed by everyone but people knew when they saw the plate that your speed was limited by law and understood. Having well and truly passed that phase I can now say Suffer in your jocks