Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Bodykits & Exterior

Old 29-08-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
djshotty

Car: 1994 BA V6 manual hatch
Question Bike rack carrier for BA Series Astina

Over the past few days I've had a bit of a drama trying to find one of those 'strap-on' bike racks of a design that would fit the pride and joy '94 V6 5-speed. After some trial and error with a supermarket one, and a heap of research online I found the Alaga brand. Still wondering whether it would work, I grabbed one and surprise surprise! The photos explain it a lot better, and I'm yet to add on some foam protection on the part of it that sits directly on the spoiler.
So, if you've been wondering if our mighty BA series can carry pushbikes, here's a great way to do it...

djshotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 29-08-2014, 08:07 PM   #2
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
i put the back seat down. bike front wheel off and turn handlebars sieways, fits in boot then. 2 will fit this way.
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
djshotty

Car: 1994 BA V6 manual hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by project.r.racing View Post
i put the back seat down, bike front wheel off and turn handlebars sideways, fits in boot then. 2 will fit this way.
Thank you for your post, your advice is very much appreciated.
The only thing preventing me from putting the bikes in the back of the car is, I have a six year old daughter that, according to my State road rules, has to sit in the back seat on a child booster at all times. Throughout the region where I live there are a number of scenic cycleways we can visit. The whole idea of me getting a bike carrier - such as the one I have shown above - is to take my daughter and our bikes to places I can safely teach her to ride.
By submitting this thread, I'm merely trying to offer a relatively inexpensive solution to any BA owners looking for a way to carry pushbikes, and hopefully a great many people get to see it...
djshotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
astina, bicycle, bike, carrier, rack