Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 13-11-2015, 07:41 PM   #1
igni

Car: Mazda Astina bg
Astina wont start.

Hey everybody. I'm new here but not so new to Mazda. I've had allot of BF chassis through the years but never a bg platform. Ok so i bought a 323f (astina) couple of days ago and it wont start. (bought it that way) and I thought this where something I couldn't fix. Well I was wrong, NO spark, I've changed cap, rotor,wires and ignition module. Still no spark. so I found out my coil wasn't working so I changed that, still nothing. So the yellow/blue wire isn't prob not giving signal since I have +12 on the thicker blue wire. I've traced this yellow/blue wire down to a white plug under the ecu and there it connects to the dash loom, looks like it doesn't connect to the ecu at all. so my question is where does this wire go? and connects to what?
igni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 18-11-2015, 08:20 AM   #2
igni

Well found out that this wire is the rpm signal. I got running, I changed everything I could think of, a bunch of relays and both fuse panels throttle body and some other stuff. it's running now but dies when hot :/ so anybody got clue where to look for for that problem?
Old 18-11-2015, 09:11 PM   #3
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
It gets hot in Iceland?
Sounds like a problem with the distributor. When hot check if you have spark.
Old 29-11-2015, 10:09 PM   #4
igni

Lol.. Well it prob gets hotter than you might think. I always say that they mixed up the names on Greenland and Iceland

Well I figured out all my issues on this thing, I swapped both heat sensors and I still got code #9. So after a little look in the engine bay I found one sensor that I didn't know about, the third heat sensor located under the fuel rail between injectors 3 and 4. swapped that one out and the 323 runs like new.

now it just needs a good cleaning and get rego. It's been standing for about 3 years with the previous owner because it didn't start.

Here is a pic of the sensor that was the issue, I found out that It's a common sensor in a lot of vehicle's.

So I bought it from the Suzuki dealer since it was allot cheaper there.

Regard
Ingi