Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > ACT

Old 15-06-2004, 03:01 PM   #1
KittyKatSmack
Banned

Car: Mazda
Oktoberfest Suggestions Thread

Why not get this started early........

Bring on any and all suggestions and we will see what we can do.

Can I suggest that anyone wanting to attend Oktoberfest think about BOOKING the F1 now!

If something happens, and you can't keep the booking, I'm sure there will be plenty of people that will be willing to use your booking for you.

Last Oktoberfest, the F1 was booked out months beforehand.....

Just a thought.

Cheers
KittyKatSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 15-06-2004, 03:47 PM   #2
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
october???? i will be down i september :evil: .... oh well i might come down ... by plane this time hehe

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2004, 06:54 PM   #3
Dogo

Car: Mazda 323 BA BPT transplant
i have a suggestion...

come to MELBOURNE's !! ..|..
Old 15-06-2004, 07:01 PM   #4
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
My thoughts;
1. Drive to Canberra.
2. Another Turkish diner (without the dancin').
3. Drink.
4. Get Drunk.
5. Wear a silly hat.
6. Get some sleep (Not enough tho).
7. Greasy breakfast.
8. Cruise and pics (maybe Telstra tower).
9. Drive home.
10. Sleep the sleep of the dead :wink:
Old 15-06-2004, 07:12 PM   #5
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Dude
2. Another Turkish diner (without the dancin')
awww!

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2004, 07:53 PM   #6
pr1mo
I MUST STOP MAKING STUPID POSTS! Yet I keep on making them. And I wonder why I get banned?

Car: auto
yeah do something in melbourne. i think i could use 2 hands to count the number of group migrations melbournites have made up north

:P
pr1mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2004, 08:05 PM   #7
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOCHER
yeah do something in melbourne. i think i could use 2 hands to count the number of group migrations melbournites have made up north

:P
Don't forget the 'nana benders.
We would need to put on week long celebrations to make it worth while for them.
Old 15-06-2004, 08:09 PM   #8
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Ooops what's this we crap. I'm happy enough to spend the weekend in Canberra cos it's more central.
Old 15-06-2004, 09:02 PM   #9
dfvadr

Car: ss , sp20 , 94ba
hey that might be the case primo but how many have you done?////////////

i thought we discussed this last time too that each year would be another state to be fare on all , i no canberra is pretty central to all thats why it gets the votes , so lets work out the place for it to be quik so as kitty said we have to book

i personnally wouldn't go turkish again i think maybe something different next time maybe chinesse , or indian, mexican , how about sum pics up on that mountain that looks over paliment house , maybe a river cruise an lunch on it
- 18"ame's
- custom interior
- kenwood head unit , pioneer speakers driven by 800 watt amp , kicker subs driven by 1000 watt amps each sub [135.2db at supernats], two 1th caps 4 tv screens dvd player
- xbox
- airbag suspension with gas strut towers
- custom plates an airbrushing on bonnet
dfvadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2004, 09:18 PM   #10
KittyKatSmack
Banned

Great ideas odd12c

Certainly won't be doing the same thing everytime!!

I know a small but BRILLIANT Indian place.......

The River Cruise Lunch is something I haven't done before, but am more than willing to look into it.

And just because Oktoberfest festivities are in Canberra, there is no reason Pr1mo, why anyone else can't organise events anywhere else in this wuverly country of ours......

C'mon Pr1mo, get your event ideas happening for Melbourne, and see what response you get.... you may even get people interested in travelling down there, although I agree with Cosmic Rod in that the QLD'ers may need cheap flights to get there instead of driving... get some prices, find out how far you need to book ahead to get really cheap deals, sort out some cheap accomodation and get expressions of interest from the other "mexicans" as to who has spare room in their cars for your planned cruises and festivities whilst down there.

I guess that is the start of the organising you would have to do, but I'm sure you can put your money where your mouth is........

Can't wait to see what you come up with....

We are willing to return to Melbourne, and this time you might even be able to show up at an event hosted in your own state
Old 15-06-2004, 10:09 PM   #11
tidy protege

Car: wrx
Send a message via MSN to tidy protege
JUST A COUPLE OF SUGGESTIONS
How about a weekend trip up the coast from sydney and work our way upto the qld border the NSW north coast is a good road to travel and we could stop of at a couple of spots say the first night at port maquarie or coff harbour then on the the gold coast then make our way back dow the coast. The following trip we could go down NSW to VIC and have a look at the car scene down that way. The trip down to VIC would be better on a long weekend or in the holidays cause it is along way for the guys from QLD to travel
Old 15-06-2004, 10:23 PM   #12
KittyKatSmack
Banned

LOL

Just as far as the VIC guys to travel to QLD

:wink:

Aaron and I tried to do a Mega Cruise already, but forge ahead with it anyways....

Well all, lets get back on topic and focus on Oktoberfest for now.... if you have ideas for a cruise, why not start your own thread about it
Old 15-06-2004, 10:48 PM   #13
Dogo

Car: Mazda 323 BA BPT transplant
dont get me wrong im just playing around. I'd be keen for a cruise to ACT again for oktoberfest. Unfortunately i have no idea what that time of year will be like for me but lets just hope im working a bit less.
Old 15-06-2004, 11:15 PM   #14
Aaron
Stiff Member

Car: 1994 Lynx BP-T
I see it this way:

(+) Canberra is fairly Central
(+) Canberra has space - good cruising and small size makes accomodation proximity to envents better

With the planning improving between events (Kitty did a GREAT job putting Dyno weekend together, having learnt a lot from the last effort) things will keep getting better.

What a lot of people don't see is the hours of planning an chasing up of details that go into the prep. To give you an idea, just the run on Sunday took us 3 DAYs to test and work out routes, venue and catering! We tried different routes, different venues and all that trying to balance up to 100km on the road with nice curves, good scenes and something 'interesting' at the lunch point. Something unique!

Octoberfest will be similar, and like this time it will be 'better' than the last. We couldn't have done the Dyno Day Weekend without our locals (Osprey and Ball_08) stepping up to task and helping out, and there you have it - at least 3 "cars" to make it work.

Doing something in Sydney/Mebourne or anywhere else will requre local knowledge, stupidly big amounts of time and patience to manage a 'gaggle' of interstaters who don't know where to go, where to stay that's convenient to events or even where to get Maccas!

A.
Old 15-06-2004, 11:17 PM   #15
KittyKatSmack
Banned

We all know you are playing around Dogo :wink:

It's all good

Fingers are crossed here that you are available for the long weekend in October to come and party with us!
Old 15-06-2004, 11:39 PM   #16
pr1mo
I MUST STOP MAKING STUPID POSTS! Yet I keep on making them. And I wonder why I get banned?

hmmm as i was just mucking around in much the same way/reinforcing what dave said before me i am in some ways ok and in other ways have a problem with the following....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatSmack
And just because Oktoberfest festivities are in Canberra, there is no reason MOOCHER, why anyone else can't organise events anywhere else in this wuverly country of ours......
agreed

Quote:
C'mon MOOCHER, get your event ideas happening for Melbourne, and see what response you get.... you may even get people interested in travelling down there, although I agree with Cosmic Rod in that the QLD'ers may need cheap flights to get there instead of driving...
as would victorians going to QLD

Quote:
I guess that is the start of the organising you would have to do, but I'm sure you can put your money where your mouth is........

Can't wait to see what you come up with....
hmmmm i detect a slight superiority complex....sure u may have put on a great cruise in the past..but egging somebody on and insinuating that they are incapable of pulling off an event of the same stature is totally wrong. the first thing i posted in this thread is that im availible in sydney in august nothing more. for a senior member to be egged on in a negative fashion in a club of which ive been VERY active in for almost 3 years i think is totally wrong.

Quote:
We are willing to return to Melbourne, and this time you might even be able to show up at an event hosted in your own state
you have no ****ing idea what you are on about, i think ive missed 2 minor ones and organised a large majority of the rest over the last 3 years. id say atleast 20 or so meetings all up.
kitty, a bit of fun and games, name calling etc. i can handle, but knocking someone on their ass then proving that u know nothing about the person in the same sentince doesnt rub off real good
Old 16-06-2004, 09:30 AM   #17
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
i think you guys need a hug

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 10:18 AM   #18
Ball_08

Guys...

I agree with Nate....big hug time!

My 10 cents on the topic - Personally i agree with many of the points Aaron raised. Sure i may be biased due to the fact that i live in the ACT, however based on the organisation, attendance and aftermath assessment of last weekends ACT Dyno Day meet....well its a proven destination for any meet.

On the other hand, if memebrs from another State would like to host a meet then im more than happy to return the favor and travel for the meet. However, as Kitty and Aaron will testify, you need to have dedicated ppl to run the show.

Only being new to the forums and attending my first meet last weekend, should we decide to have the meet in the ACT then ill be more than happy to join the 'organising commitee' and relieve some of the leg work for Kitty and Aaron.

Ball_08
Ball_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 12:09 PM   #19
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Maybe state event administrators would be a good idea. It wouldn't meen that no one else could organise a cruise or social event, instead that the cruises conformed to some structure so people could get the most out of them.
I know that for myself I won't post a cruise untill I've driven it and checked the route and re-check the roads and maps a week before the cruise. Still **** happens and whole intersections get ripped up in the last week.
Old 16-06-2004, 12:19 PM   #20
pr1mo

yeah maybe u could have a moderator in each state for the cruises section who could manage any requests for cruises made by members. pending other events happening at around the same time, the event in question could then be approved or rejected by the administrator and left to be organised by the person who initially made the post. just a bit of sensible managment so we dont have something on every 2nd day

cheers mike