Old 26-02-2007, 04:04 PM   #1
OzMazdaClub.com

Invite: Official OzMazdaClub.com Cataract Dam Cruise - Sunday 1st April 2007

Invite Official OzMazdaClub.com Cataract Dam Cruise - Sunday 1st April 2007

Date: Sunday, 1st April 2007

Location: Cataract Dam (Between Appin and Bulli Tops) South of Sydney

Directions/Meeting Points:

From Sydney

Meet at Homebush Bay at approx 9:30am. If your not sure where P6 Carpark is maybe the image below will help. Departure at approx 10:15am.

From there we will head down towards Hurstville via King Georges Road. We will then be making a quick pit stop at Sylvania McDonalds to pick up any people wishing to meet us there. We should arrive at Sylvania McDonalds at approximately 11:00am. For those not sure where it is below is a map of the location.

From there we proceed down the Princess Highway until the Acacia Road North turnoff. This will be on the left and will be signposted as heading towards Wollongong. We keep following this road until the turnoff for the Royal National Park. This is not far after the Level Crossing and is on the left so please be sure to be in the left hand lane so that there are no issues with all members attending making the turnoff. There will be a gate but as the organiser i have spoken to them and they advised that to drive through no entry fee is applicable.

We will then follow the road through the Royal National Park and exit the park at Stanwell Park. From there we take Lawrence Hargrave Drive until we reach the the Princess Highway and turn towards Wollongong again. After a brief journey down the Princess Highway we turn off onto Bulli Appin Road. Follow for about 15 minutes until you come to the Cataract Dam turnoff on your left. Follow road about 4kms to dam (all weather road.)

From Goulburn/Canberra

Take the freeway towards Sydney. About twenty minutes past the Mittagong turnoff to the Highlands, (just past the Roadhouse at Pheasant's Nest), take the Wilton/Wollongong exit. Turn right at the overpass, then follow for about 5 minutes then turn left to Wilton. Turn right at Wilton, following signs to Appin, down Broughton's Pass (your first glimpse of the Cataract River). At Appin turn right towards Wollongong on Bulli Appin Road. About 6 kilometres on, turn right then travel 4 kms to the Dam (all weather road.)

From Wollongong

Take the freeway north towards Sydney, then the Bulli Appin Road turnoff; follow for about 15 minutes until you come to the Cataract Dam turnoff on your left. Follow road about 4kms to dam (all weather road.)

http://www.stonequarry.com.au/nature/cataract_dam.html

Time: 1PM - BBQ will be burning at 1:30

Food: Sausage Sizzle is being planned if there are enough numbers on the day.

Please dont arrive and stand around for 10mins then start complaining we arnt going for a cruise. This is a BBQ people, we will be there for a couple of hours to Chat to other forum members, check out some cars, eat some cooked hopefully not burnt sausages and enjoy each others company and maybe even a game of touch or soccer.

Here are some pictures of the dam and the surrounding picnic areas:

Here is the link to the last cruise that we organised at this location:
http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/photopost...lery.php?cat=2

Please let us know if your coming so that I can organise the food/drinks for the day.

Note: Please do not post on other sites without the organisers permission. This has been posted on OZWRX, AstinaGT and OzMazda Also.

Attendee List

1. Enigma and Babs

Marco aka Enigma (OzMazdaClub.com)

Last edited by OzMazdaClub.com; 26-02-2007 at 04:37 PM.
OzMazdaClub.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2007, 07:15 PM   #2
Mazda_Brian

Car: Soarer Twin Turbo
Send a message via MSN to Mazda_Brian Send a message via Yahoo to Mazda_Brian
the date for the 1st April rings a bell for some reason, not 100% sure why......

EDIT: Your not doing some sort of April fools theme for this cruise are you??

Last edited by Mazda_Brian; 04-03-2007 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Thought of the date for April 1st
Mazda_Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:52 AM   #3
OzMazdaClub.com

Please keep it on topic. And no Mazda_Brian, this is not an April Fools joke. Now is anyone going to consider attending?
Old 07-03-2007, 11:30 PM   #4
Red Frog

Car: My feet :p
i'm considering it. marco i think the reason a lot of ppl aren't up for it, is bcos we've got a major cruise planned for the weekend after up in dorrigo. so most ppl are probably using this weekend to get prepared etc.
i may head down, as i've always wanted to go to cataract dam, but never had the chance. i'll see how i'm fairing at the time and get back to you put me down as a maybe.
Old 20-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #5
bradsp20
AstinaGT Regular

Car: sp20
Send a message via MSN to bradsp20
Yeh i cant attend i have OZM Easter Cruise on that day
bradsp20 is offline   Reply With Quote