Car: Mazda
Sorry to hear that 323GUY.

*sympathies*
KittyKatSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 12:45 PM   #122
Tublade
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 2005 Subaru Liberty GT
thanks for the day guys sorry that i had to leave early, so wish that i could have stayed the day, it was good to see some new faces and old ones, it would have been good to see the suprise hope that you guys took alots of photos, can't wait to see them posted up, i'll be posting my pics up soon.

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/vbgar...do=view&id=577
Tublade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 12:52 PM   #123
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Hey guys,

Was a big turnout, even though we had 3 Team Grey members missing from the mix. I think we had 9 cars and 14 people, that's 1.5555555556 persons per car! It was also nice to have 3 Ozmazdaclub members along for the ride too.
The giant monitors were hiding, but we still saw some close to 3.5-4' long I think, to my surprise Nate didn't try to tease or chase any of them, tisk tisk...
I hope you guys had a good time even though we had to cut the Eagle Hights rainforest walk a bit short to make lunch on time, the whole walk is over 4km.
I was dissappointed with my rump steak for lunch, I still prefer Ho's Breath and Oyster Cove in Tasvegas for the best steaks. But then you don't expect white syberian husky to taste that good in any case do you?
I hope you guys liked the special surprise, I was a bit annoyed that the glow worms had full stomachs and weren't interested in putting on a good show. But I liked the experience of the whole cave thing with the presentation video and pretty glow in the dark stars we wore. I still think they should've let us keep our pretty stars!
Wow, we can't park for ****e, hehe. But you guys should've got some decent picks of the cars atleast. I wish the wind was right for the hangliders at the first lookout location, as by the time we got to the second lookout they were finished and already packing up for the day...
After we shook off all the cars of coloured persuasion we got some decent picks of the grey cars with the Gold Coast in the background. Thanks to Andy for taking a chance on that strange detour.
We got some more photo ops and private road action a bit later on before we went on for dinner at Sizzlers. Nate still rules when it comes to the salad bar, but I am the king of the desert bar! So who remembers that movie Me, Myself and Irene? *splat*
Lastly we went to the BWCP to discover that it had been closed down for some motokhana action. So went around in circles for a bit and then checked out the alternative meeting point down at the spit. Not so good unless people have neons since there is only one light down there...
That was the end of things for the day, I hope you guys can put together better lineups for future cruises, as it looks like QLD walks the walk and not just talks it! I think for the second smallest contingent of AGT we do absolutely smashing, and I would like to thank all the peeps that could make it on the day, without attendies it would've been so "yesterday".

Take it easy,
Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 12:55 PM   #124
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
By the way, if you have piccies, post them up in a new thread so that people don't have to wade through this bloated thread to find them...

Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote