Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Audio Hi-fi

Old 21-05-2005, 09:01 AM   #21
tidy protege

Car: wrx
Send a message via MSN to tidy protege
the thing you always have to remmember is the mark up on lower end gear is huge, alot of shop would be making hundreds out of cheaper gear, its the more expensive stuff where the shops dont make ****, so nate 300 bucks probably does sound cheap but i reakon that they still would be making 150 to 100 bucks on that despite what they tell you,

Chris your speakers sound pretty good and i dont mind jvc speakers and decks, i dont know much about there amps or subs but if your happy with the Alpine gear i say go for it man.
Old 21-05-2005, 09:08 AM   #22
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidy protege
the thing you always have to remmember is the mark up on lower end gear is huge, alot of shop would be making hundreds out of cheaper gear, its the more expensive stuff where the shops dont make ****, so nate 300 bucks probably does sound cheap but i reakon that they still would be making 150 to 100 bucks on that despite what they tell you,

Chris your speakers sound pretty good and i dont mind jvc speakers and decks, i dont know much about there amps or subs but if your happy with the Alpine gear i say go for it man.
i dont doubt that craig ... seeing as all i did was walk in and sa this is my budget and i have just been to strathfield ... what can you do ... but also fully sik autobahn also do installs ... so what you save on the purchasing they could deffinately make up somewhere else! what would they charge to put in a headunit and front speakers? $100 ... and it would take them 20 mins?? at the most?

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2005, 09:13 AM   #23
tidy protege

Car: wrx
Send a message via MSN to tidy protege
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate
i dont doubt that craig ... seeing as all i did was walk in and sa this is my budget and i have just been to strathfield ... what can you do ... but also fully sik autobahn also do installs ... so what you save on the purchasing they could deffinately make up somewhere else! what would they charge to put in a headunit and front speakers? $100 ... and it would take them 20 mins?? at the most?
try to bargin them back, twist their arm to the point where they want you to leave the shop and take it at a heaps cheaper price, we found out what the cost price was for my old subs so when our friends go in there wanting some we know how low we can push them.

by the way whats jb hi fi like up there, cause down my way you can walk out with half the shop having payed peanuts, cause they are the biggest discount merchants.
Old 21-05-2005, 06:32 PM   #24
mcwilly

Car: 323 astina
yea i got my gear from jb hi fi. my head deck was meant to be a grand and i got the deck splits and 2ways for 1100 i was so happy
Old 21-05-2005, 07:03 PM   #25
goldsp
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 04 wrx
Send a message via MSN to goldsp
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwilly
yea i got my gear from jb hi fi. my head deck was meant to be a grand and i got the deck splits and 2ways for 1100 i was so happy
sounds pretty good too man , thumbs up

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/vbgar...do=view&id=799
goldsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 02:41 PM   #26
dvestate

Car: Pulsar
I love Soundstream stuff, very clear and pump hard......

I'll be picking up a 12" Sub shortly, great gear...

In saying that Boston are awesome also, Alpine are the best of the major commercial brands
dvestate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 02:49 PM   #27
goldsp
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 04 wrx
Send a message via MSN to goldsp
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvestate
I love Soundstream stuff, very clear and pump hard......

I'll be picking up a 12" Sub shortly, great gear...

In saying that Boston are awesome also, Alpine are the best of the major commercial brands
yep you are so right.

boston are very good , but alpine is the best in the large market against your brands sold at jb hi-fi .

boston is probably better the alpine , but its in a different market aiming at hicher end systems

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/vbgar...do=view&id=799
goldsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2005, 10:33 PM   #28
Nate
Pandaspeed Racing

Car: BG SP
Send a message via MSN to Nate
i just purchased a new amp ($220 cheapy from JB, got it for $160, was already on sale and i haggled them down further ), and even with a basic amp, **** those subs are awesome, but as said earlier in the thread they are the US made ones ... but yeah ... love em

Life would be straight without twisties STOCK AS A ROCKET!

•motor sport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to me.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the event and being provided with the event services by CAMS and the Associated Entities
I THINK I AM N2!
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote