Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > NSW

Old 10-11-2004, 08:18 PM   #1
QNC-29T

Send a message via MSN to QNC-29T
"OPERATION RESTORE HOPE"

TGS has decided to raise funds for the Restore Hope Foundation, please read bellow a brief summary about the foundation:

Operation Restore Hope is Dr. Hodgkinson's international charity mission, a private surgical foundation that provides plastic and other speciality surgical services to less privileged persons, especially children in developing countries. Its purpose is to correct deformity and facial disfigurement in the poor, who without the donation of services would remain untreated and permanently disadvantaged. In giving back both function and sightliness to a person we can help restore hope to people who already face so much adversity in their daily existence.

The doctors of the clinic volunteer their time to travel to developing nations to treat underprivileged children who have birth defects, especially cleft lips and palates, as well as scarring. Of course, because of the number of people we find in need we are not always limited to children or persons with such specific ailments. All doctors provide their services free of charge as well as paying for their own airfare and accommodation. We have also had surgeons from the United States, Malaysia and Germany participate.

Operation Restore Hope is now well established in Cebu, the second largest city in the Philippines. Dr. Hodgkinson has formerly operated in other areas of the Philippines, India, Nepal, Guatemala and Mexico. Fundraising is becoming an increasingly important part of Operation Restore Hope, as the mission requires that Dr. Hodgkinson and his team take every suture, medication, glove, piece of equipment etc. with them to the Philippines. We welcome your inquiries and suggestions as well as any donations of supplies, equipment, services or funds.

The Cruise

On Saturday, 20 November 2004 TGS will be voyaging on a fund raising cruise to Narrabean Beach. We will all meet in front of Krispy Kreme (Eastern Creek), 4 Healey Circuit Huntingwood @ 9.30am and we will shortly cruise to Narrabean.

It is expected that every car that participates in the cruise will donate $10 (per car) to the foundation. Prior to leaving Krispy Kreme we will collect such funs from everyone.

We will be selling sausage sizzle @ Narrabean beach and again all procceds will go to the foundation.
QNC-29T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2004, 10:23 PM   #2
Critter

Car: SP20
Sounds like it would be good to be a part of, but I have to go to Melbourne that weekend.

I wish you every success with your efforts.
Adjustable lowered suspension with monster brakes
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2004, 03:13 PM   #3
Matt

i think some of the TD guys are going to this but i am not sure that i can make it coz im gettin rims put on the car

7 out of 7 for 2004
Best Club Display - Sydney Car Festival 2005
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote