Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Audio Hi-fi

Old 21-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
praga

Car: Mazda 323 Protege Shades 2003 Model
Help needed in replacing rear deck speakers Protege

Hi guys Im new to this forum
I own a Mazda 323 Protege 2003 Model
I want to change the factory 6x9 speakers in the rear deck (parcel shelf / parcel tray)
I tried to follow this method, however I couldnt figure out to remove the brake light assembly.
Quote:
Replacing the Rear Deck Speakers

Fold down the rear seats and remove the plastic pins on the front edge of the rear deck panel.

Push the brake light assembly down and toward the back window to release it. Disconnect it and remove.

Work the seat belts out of their slots on the rear deck, after sliding out the pins that hold them in place.

Slide the rear panel toward the front and out of the way, exposing the speakers.

Unscrew the old speaker and disconnect it. Connect the new speaker, mount it, and test. Then reassemble the rear deck.

Read more: How to Install Speakers in a Mazda Protege | eHow http://www.ehow.com/how_5019340_inst...#ixzz2TtIqwJZ9
There is a another method I saw in another forum, At the moment I dont have the tool to remove 12MM socket so I couldnt try this.
Quote:
Here's how you can remove the rear deck.

1. Detach the middle seat belt.
2. Fold down the rear upper seat back while moving the side seat belts behind the seat so they don't fold down with the seat.
3. If you have the 3 plastic hook covers, pry them off.
4. Take 12MM socket and remove the middle hook. Will have a lot of washers and a flimsy red one at the bottom holding it all together.
5. Take a small flat head screwdriver and remove the 5 fasteners on the front.
6. You should be able to pull up and the rear deck will become dislodged. You pull up then forward.
7. Pop out the 3rd brake light assembly from the rear deck and disconnect its harness.
8. If it already hasn't done so, pull out the trunk light from its hole at the back.
9. Slide the seat belts through their openings.
10. There are 4 phillips head screws to remove rear speakers. You will need a stubby screwdriver to remove the screws.
11. Replace everything in reverse order of removal.
Which one is a correct and easy way to replace the speakers.
praga is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links