View Single Post
Old 26-05-2006, 09:28 PM   #1
Trev323

Car: Car
New 1994 BA Owner

Hi guys. Dont know if this is the right thread for introductions but it seems the most suitable. Just bought a 1994 P1 Astina as a daily driver but I'm loving it already and hopefully I will keep it reasonably stock. Picked her up with less than 100,000kms on the clock but the previous owner (lady owner) didn't service it regularly so i've got a feeling it has alot of gunk build up in the sump. I've already got a loud tapping sound which i'm sure is the HLA. Timing belt also needs to be changed so going to drop it off at the mechanic's soon so he can clean it up properly. I am quite handy with tools but it seems like alot of work for a car i'm not familar with so better leave it to the pros and do the oil changes myself afterwards.

Anyway I've got a few questions that I've tried to search for but haven't come up any answers yet so please bear with me.

1) My rear wiper sprayer isn't spraying any water. I've checked the washer bottle in the engine bay and topped it up w/o luck. I hope its not running off a seperate water bottle cos i've already checked the boot.

2) The electric antenna wont go up by itself but the motor is running. Maybe the mast is detached from the motor? If I need a new mast, can I just get a generic one or are there specific types I should look for?

3) No onto car audio. I plan to install my Alpine CDA-7894 and use a wiring harness to elimate all the cutting. The only one i think will fit is this one APP8ALPH. Anyone got Alpine H/U installed?

4) I've got an old pair of Focal 6.5" splits I want to install. I dont think i'll have problems fitting them in the front doors but has anyone had problems with focals? The mounting depth seems to be alot more than the newer 6.5".

Thats all for now guys. Thanks for all the resources so far. Its great getting a car which has such a huge following.

Cheers
Trev.
Trev323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links