View Single Post
Old 15-09-2003, 09:52 AM   #13
Dogo

Car: Mazda 323 BA BPT transplant
i cant think of any HUs that have a center speaker output. Some brands have a Centre Speaker+Amp thing u can buy, but they're expensive and hardly worth it unless you're after 5.1 surround sound or something. Alpine's unit will set u back a few hundred dollars. Clarion have one too. I think its based on their CeNet bus. Im not sure if these units would be cross-brand friendly. ( ie i dunno if u can use Apline's with a Pioneer HU )

At the moment Im thinking i'll just split my front channels and run the centre of a spare channel from my amps.

I'm thinking I'll cut up that area and squeeze a 4" in there.
I auditioned a pair of Alpine 4" coax speakers that I thought sounded nice. $100 a pair so Rod, if you are thinking of putting a 4" in there maybe we could go half-half and avoid wasting the extra speaker.

Note : I havnt checked properly to see if a 4" will fit. Im going back to my favourite stereo place early this week. I went in on Sat, and they said that another thing that some ppl do is put 2 x 3 1/4" speakers in the centre channel. Which saves combing L&R into mono.