View Single Post
Old 15-05-2010, 04:36 PM   #196
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
ok thinking of doing a group buy for lipos (or rahter im getting some so anyone else want to join with me to save shipping. can buy anything you like and its dan cheap (i.e. lipo charger for approx $35 (imax etc) and power supply (either $20 for a 200W one or like 10 for a 50W one- kepeing in mind most chargers only do 50W anyway)

and batteries.. are... cheap. the ezy run escs are $35 too.

all $$ in USD though. shipping isnt stupid and i usually get EMS - 3 days+ 2 days of them stuffing around... lipos are as good as any and used them before.. for us(rather, you guys :P) they are good enough. 4000mah 7.4v 25c lipo HARDCASED which will actually fit in the cars will set you back about $25 aud +shipping. deans plugs are also stupidly cheap and heatshrink/solder... 5000mah are about $35.

check it out: www.hobbycity.com

im happy to order for you guys and you can pay me back for stuff when i get it (but if its alot of stuff i dont have that much money, prepaying would be apprecated... oh one rule, dont tell anyone ESPECIALLY hobbyshops about this one. laughed when i walked into oz rc, similar stuff bought straight from these guys was at 500-1000% markup. I.e. saw battery worth about $10 selling for 75...

edit: good luck figuring out the site and sifting through the items (100000's of them!) im generally pretty good after spending hours searching through stuff over the last few years so if you cant find stuff and you really want it ill probably know where to look - i,.e. the menus include things irrelevant to the section and the search function is virtually USELESS...

Last edited by Clean_Cookie; 15-05-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Clean_Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote