View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
bobkuti

Car: 323f BA
initially after the purchase of my Mazda 323f BA (Z-5),i serviced the car 4 the first time with AP(AFRICAN PETROLEUM) SAE 20w-50 sl/cf-4,and i never experienced any cold start smoking,the car was perfect,and wen i decided to service the car in due time,i changed the oil to SAE 20w-50 sg/cd from dsame manufacturer, days later i experienced cold start smoking 4 the first time,and then another cold start smoking 3 days later which was yesterday,so i started my research yesterday with the aim of knowing the best oil 4 different kinds of engine which was how i got here wit u,lucky me.i spent the whole of last nite studying my car manual and discovered dat the oil spec designed 4 my engine is SAE 10w-40 sg/cd,which is quite thinner compared to that which i used,and of cos as u know the temperature here in Africa is higher than that of Europe which is the origin of my Mazda,and generally we use SAE 20w-50 here,so u see the first oil i used was actually the wrong oil bcos it is sl/cf-4 which didn't result into cold start smoking and the 2nd oil i used lately for the 2nd servicing is dsame with the sg/cd designated in the mannual which resulted in cold start smoking,so i wuld like u to use ur wisdom and experience to analyse and conclude on my inconclusive research,tanx alot realy appreciate ur undiluted efforts.God bless
bobkuti is offline   Reply With Quote