View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 09:26 AM   #34
paulmac

Car: Astina BJ auto

the led headlight from a Toyota Prius. These work in a very different way to the cheap led headlight globes on ebay and in contrast to the cheap units, the proper Toyota lights have massive heat sinks. If I knew at the start what I know know, (an impossible dream), I would have gone to h2 halogens and stuck with them until I found halogen projectors that were acceptable. Essentially, no cheap led is going to throw light as far as a decent halogen globe. People have improved upon that only with decent (non ebay) HID installations. I would hate to think anyone would copy me, I was a learner, I have solved my problem but I am not a pro. If you have a U pull it near you, you may care to experiment, but think about it and go your own way. The people who have installed proper HID kits report good results here. Fitting a 3 inch projector in a headlight unit designed for a 2 inch and making a solid adjustment mechanism is tricky. I am a wire and cheese cloth type of guy and Barnes Wallis solutions arent for everyone.
paulmac is offline   Reply With Quote