View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 08:19 PM   #6
SFC01

the dba537's are only in 4 bolt pattern for the 1.8's as far as I know. same unit in sp's just 5 bolt pattern...

if you want to stop faster once, then spend money on tyres. if you want to stop quickly repetitavely then spend money on tyres, pads (and granted to a lesser extent rotors)

i've got slotteds on my astina and I have no complaints. i got some green fade a few times with the oem pads and rotors, but haven't yet with the rb156 + slotteds. is it the pads or the rotors? probably a bit of both.

i fitted slotteds on my falcon (before the astina) and the difference in braking repeatability was astounding in that case (same pads throughout). i'm a slotted convert now. sure there is additional noise and pedal pulsation but i can live with that!

i can't see much point in going to the 4000 series unless you are hitting the track to be honest. if you torture your rotors by thermal shock it isn't going to matter too much what you put on, they'll **** out in pretty good time anyway. 4000's should remain stable at elevated temps better than the oem or replacements. but then how do you get temps elevated long enough to warrant it on the road???

on top of all this there is always the aesthetic as well. slotteds look better than OE :mrgreen:
SFC01 is offline   Reply With Quote