View Single Post
Old 22-11-2007, 05:27 PM   #60
ROB-80E

Car: Turbo BG Astina
Send a message via ICQ to ROB-80E Send a message via MSN to ROB-80E
No the rods are a direct interchange, as the compression, bore and stroke are all the same. Also says the oil cooler is differerent, as well the oil jets and oil pan...all of these however WILL bolt onto a GTX engine...some of which will only work if you have another GTR part. Eg, oil jet and piston have to be matched. But it's been very specific with "Sectional Shape Different". Says to me it won't fit in the same grove.

I personally have heard of 1 GTR engine that was rebuilt with GTX parts, and it turned out to be a tradgic mistake. Now this is the only GTR engine that I have heard of being rebuilt without replacing the piston...so maybe the people that built it just ****ed up...i don't know.

BUT...until i got the ring groove dimentions of both pistons, also the ring dimentions, i wouldn't be interchanging these.

P.S.
Zappy, I have GTX pistons and rings on hand if you would like to compare your GTR piston dimentions.