View Single Post
Old 22-12-2007, 05:40 PM   #110
ROB-80E

Car: Turbo BG Astina
Send a message via ICQ to ROB-80E Send a message via MSN to ROB-80E
Okie dokie, for the guys that have answered the question about when the VF10 hybrid will mumbo, sorry you are both wrong. With a dump pipe it ill easily be wheel spinning at 2500-2800rpm. I know...I have had one fitted to my car, both with standard and aftermarket ECUs.

The power curve of a VF10/vj20 hybrid will start to fall away at about 6000rpm or just before. Again i have the dyno runs on paper that will show that. This is mainly because the boost pressure actually starts to fall...and at high RPM, the VF10 cannot keep up. Yes what you said about the Vj20 is true, it is worse than the VF10 hybrid. This doesn't mean that you can't rev past it...it just means your engine isn't making power any more, and really, you're better off changing gear and keeping the power curve in the upward motion.

IMO you're better off sticking with the traditional FMIC piping rout (RH 90 degree bend off the turbo, 180 degree LH bend into the cooler at the front, out of the ic and make your way to the throttle body). As long as the bends are mandral, it won't effect the performance. The astina has plenty of room for pipes under there...hey, i got 3" pipe tucked under mine...you'll have no drama's with 2.5".

As for making 140-150kw...i'm skeptical...you're hold back is the factory ECU. All i can say there, is if you dyno it with that setup, don't be disappointed if you see 135kw come up on the screen.

Last edited by ROB-80E; 22-12-2007 at 05:44 PM.
ROB-80E is offline   Reply With Quote