View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #4
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
It's not worth it on a car your better off selling and buying one that does the job your after.

If you wanted more power you should buy one stock with enough, all engine swaps and conversion are only worth it to a person who can do it them self - had major parts - engine gearbox - car all handy EG free or cheaper. They never work out at a good price.

I know of someone who bought a Lexus Gs300 tryed to sell it too me - he boguht it for $7000 auction price - damaged -boguht a tiwn turbo aristo front cut for it. tryed to swap it over all up done damage- $15000 yet he tryed selling it - worth about $25,000 in poor earl S1 condition to $60K for late S2 models.
It was S2 but the engine and auto didn't work right and it was not executed right. If he put in stock 2JZ local etc it would have made him $7K.

A 323 is right now end of it's peck selling ability - Eg it's now on the steepest down hill. So any money put into it is being pissed away.

So plan to keep it or trade up.

Sounds to me as if you have short in the wiring. If thewy have changed sensors - andi t's right it's wiring the oil sensors are not sensitve - the have biasc switch desgin, they don't jsut flash on and off.

I've seen it before on lancers corrollas - most cases engine has oil pressure.

it's normally just a re earth the cluster - or run a new oil light wire to the dash. I'd fix that sell it and buy wh suits you.

a Fs-Ze- unless you get it for $800- any more is too much.
it's all up on road getting it legal cost approx min $5K. because you will replace alot of bits and no one will make you run it with out SP20 brakes and they will be quickest way to legal. but again Not worth it.

go buy a Sp20 - or Sp23 even.

I've done heaps of conversion they never end. But I don't start with no budget
I budget double and blow double on top. Allways been that way. But I'm perfectionist. EG I want to jump my car off speed humps and not care.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote