View Single Post
Old 26-10-2004, 05:38 PM   #28
tidy protege

Car: wrx
Send a message via MSN to tidy protege
Thanks wiredone you have really put things into perspective, man its hard for me cause there are so many options out there and im just not sure what to do i know i will be going with a kit but im just not sure who with, i am swaying towards street dreams because they are a local company and easy to contact unlike hiboost.

A couple of questions:

How does street dreams modify the kit for the 1.8 Litre engine?
Has Street Dreams impoted the kit for the 1.8 Litre engine before?
If so what Dyno figures have you seen with the 1.8 Litre?
Is 130-135kw atw a realistic figure running 7psi boost?
What sort of torque figures car we achieve in the 1.8 Litre?
What sort of clutch would you recomend that we use?
From the time of ordering the kit how long would it take to get to australia?
What is the official price for the Street Dreams 1.8 Litre kit?
How much would you allow for a turbo back exhaust (im assuming the kit doesnt come with one) and what size exhaust would you use?
Also how long would you expect it to take three fully qualified mechanics to fit the kit (two of whic have experiance fitting turbo kits or working on turboed japaneese imports?
Will we have issues fitting the FMIC as it is designed for a sp20 style bumper?
At the end of the day it all comes down to dollars and cents and i think street dreams will come out on top as there is alot of uncertainty with the Hiboost kit.

I understand if you cant answer some of my questions but it would be greatly appreaciated if you can help me out wiredone, as i intend on getting my car to Autosalon next year and the turbo is a major aspect of my plans.

Cheers Tidy
tidy protege is offline   Reply With Quote