- Turbo
- Turbo
- Pssssssht!

Cons
- Gearbox problems
- Tend to loose fuel economy due to right foot syndrome
- Repairs generally cost alot more to fix depending on what has gone wrong

>>We have the conversions here $2500, use your own gearbox
This statment is a bit ambiguous.... are they offering you a halfcut for $2500? or to actually do the conversion for $2500. If the later, thats pretty cheap. Place in Sydney, ForMaz, does a full conversion for around $5K depending on what needs to be done. Considering a motor alone cost ~$1000, a $2500 conversion aint giving you much more then remove/replace. You should, at minimum, replace all the belts, fluids, filters.

"I have in stock BP Turbo manual 1/2 cut for $2,400 Freight approx $650
All engines are fully tested with 3 months warranty."

Thats about the same as what I paid. The disadvantage you have is that you cant look at the motor. Your placing alot of trust in the company to send you a good halfcut and I rekon they will send you the crapest one on the lot... I would want to at least know the compression in the cylinders before sending money over.

>>Also whats the go with gearboxes always blowin in the turbos, anyway around it

There is quite a big torque increase so you expect additional strain on the gearbox. They just arnt designed to handle the torque levels. The FWD LSD box is interesting. There is debate wether they are actual stronger as such, but LSD would be nice. I think its from an Infinity or somthing like that. Most people run a full face organic clutch plate to try and let the clutch slip prior to the gearbox giving way. This is only an attempt at reducing the problem and is not a "fix". There are plenty of ideas being thrown around about how to make the gearboxes stronger. The 4 spider Diff and the Bearing mods seem to be the better ones.

>>I have a single cam Astina, still a straight forward conversion?
Its straight forward for the DOHC version, not sure about SOHC. The engine and gearbox mounts will be the make or break for you I think.
JynX is offline   Reply With Quote