View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #11
Mad Mat
HONEYWELL REPRESENT

Car: 1997 BA Hardtop - Had a 2003 BJii J48 Sport20, and 2x bg SOHC astina hatches
Send a message via MSN to Mad Mat
Sssoooo to do a full auto to manual conversion there is a lot that needs to be changed... ive done this before with a BG astina and its not to fun...

What u need to do first is remove BOTH motor from both cars. With their gearboxes attached. Once u have done this (it will take u a day or two to do that.) swap the manual box over to the good motor. Now because of the Ecu issue I would recommend that u put the intake manifold from the **** motor on the good motor as well (I will explain this later on)...

So now u have the good motor ready to go into Ur car with all the auto gear (shifter and what not) still in it... what u need to do is pull out Ur dash to get to the fire wall. There is a plate there that unbolts and allows u to add the manual clutch master cylinder to the fire wall. You’re going to have to put all of the manual shifter linkages, the manual brake booster, manual brake fluid divider (located just below the clutch master cylinder) clutch line, etc from the donor car into your car.
Once all this is done then grab Ur Ecu and engine loom from the donor car and plug it all into your car. Now there reason I said before to change the intake manifolds is because there is different manifolds between S1/2 and S3 engines. So now u have the right intake manifold you should be right...

OW and make sure (Ryan didn’t realize this ether) that u get the donor’s cars alternator as it has an internal voltage reg where on the S3 the Ecu controls the voltage reg...

If I have missed anything please guys let me know

1994 323 BG Hatch 2005-2007 Crashed into truck
1991 323 BG Hatch 2007-2008/9 SOLD
2003 BJ SP20 J48 Hatch 2008-2011 Regretfully SOLD
1997 BA I4 Sedan 2012-CURRENT
1985 BF 323 Hatch 2014-2015
SOLD
1989 MX5 2015-2015
Mad Mat is offline   Reply With Quote