View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #25
Nix323

Car: 1995 Mazda ba 323
OKAY, so just an update!
(you all know how much you hate googling a question in a forum and the poster never told them how they went or if it worked!)

We have successfully removed the transmission this weekend!
I am going to go with the option of getting a new manual ECU & loom for s1/2.

It was a big job, but we pulled out the gearbox/clutch/flywheel and all other parts that we could gather we would need.

we dropped the gearbox out with the engine still in the car, since it is just a parts car we welded a piece of steel below the sump to hold the engine in without the K frame or gearbox.

I so far haven't pulled out the dash, I removed the centre console to get at the gear shifter & its bolts... but we are hoping to leave the dash in. the clutch pedal came out pretty easily.

The clutch still has a fair bit of meat on it, so it depends on how expensive a heavy duty clutch will be as to which way I go... but personally... I don't want to be doing this again ANY time soon... ... or ever in general! ha ha ha

Because the hoist is needed by my brother, we decided to leave it at stripping the parts car and getting it out of the shed, so that is where it stands. We won't be able to resume this project for two weeks Since there is a drift event next weekend, but I will definately post updates of hiccups & progress.
Nix323 is offline   Reply With Quote