View Single Post
Old 17-05-2007, 10:17 PM   #15
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Unless you go up to Pedders SportsRyder ($$$!!!) or Tokico HP/Illumina you won't really get much firmer shocks short of coilovers (which I don't think are necessary).

Your suspension is soft compared to mine with a rock test. However on the SP18 I get a quick short well damped bump with no uncontrolled bouncing/floating afterwards. A rock test shows no movement in my suspension, only the sidewalls of the tyres (quite humerous). I have Tokico HP Blues with Eibachs on the SP18, which I find to be my favourite setup along with 15" rims.

I have Tokico HP Bronze with Dobinsons on the Laser, as Eibachs are not available for the KE/BF... The Dobinsons are much softer springs than the Eibachs, and a rock test shows a bit of movement. However on the road they have a similar feel to the SP18's setup, maybe even a little cripser when hitting cats-eyesm etc...

I haven't been for a drive in your car, so I can't elaborate on the bouncing described. But generally if it's a continual floaty bouncing, you need firmer shocks. I'm not very cluey on bump and rebound sorry, but most adjustable shocks won't let you change them independantly of each other anyhow...

Let's get some bumpstops on there before worrying about anything else!!!
Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote