View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
BG1.8sp

Car: 2009 BL MPS
RE: V6 swap in BJ

hello!

random post here... but i am spit balling some ideas around....

Now... the KL swap is a little bit of a pain in the ass, in terms of finding one new enough for my chassis ('01) to be able to get it certified.

so... my thoughts are... GY-DE 2.5L V6 or the AJ 3.0L V6.
EDIT: 2.5L i can get out of the series 1 MPV (2001) and AJ can be had out of the series 2 (2002)
which makes it perfect for emissions side of the swap.
Edit again: it was the Duratec 25 (2.5L)/30 (3L)

I believe Ford used the AJ too... (called a different name... but it have a '30' in it )
Jaguar also used the AJ V6
there isn't a great deal of info that I can find on these engines.

they have a lot more compact design to fit into the MPV and the AJ still makes decent power.

i can see many issues with this swap though....
i have a feeling that i will need to basically rewire the entire car, and they only came Auto.
... so... what manual Gearbox would bolt up to the Aj and the GY v6's.
or would this be more of a custom bell housing adapter?

as above, the Intake Mani is super compact so would create issues with the master cyl, etc.

and as for mounts? custom crossmember?

only reason why i am suggesting this... is because i can get my hands on an entire MPV that's been rear ended for very cheap... like we are talking 1000-1500 for a complete car lol!

I know it would most certainly be more work than the KL swap... but cost wise could potentially be less. And i can source all parts locally!
and there are weirdly quite a few mods that can be done with the AJ and heaps of off the shelf performance items... including loads of ECU upgrades

Is this idea way to far fetched? am I dreaming? lol

Last edited by BG1.8sp; 05-02-2013 at 10:48 AM.
BG1.8sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links