View Single Post
Old 20-10-2003, 04:24 PM   #1
obzelite

Send a message via ICQ to obzelite
ABOUT: BPT into '97 Astina (BA)

OK, just found this place and figured it should be the perfect place to ask this question.
Brother and i both have ba astina's, both have been drivin quite hard and both have suffered from air box/filter conversions that involved unfiltered air getting into the motor. Naturally both motors have expired.
Sitting in my back yard since friday are two bpt front cuts, the first attempt is going to be this weekend, and i was hoping someone who attempted this conversion before had any hints.
The air flow meters are completly different and so is the dizzy and fuse block, as far as everything else goes it all looks similar.
The info i really need is about the ecu, i'm presuming the dash and similar electronics run from the current ecu, will the front cut ecu run these the same, or will i need to mesh the two together.

I put a 4agze in a corolla and converted the whole dash and loom over, but had some real problems with smaller stuff like fuel gauge, wipers and rear lights so a heads up to potential headaches in this conversion would be great.
obzelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links