View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #109
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
why not put it in here... heres what I've collated. this is the LONG TEDIOUS way of doing it. there are MUCH SMARTER ways. But. this is the free, pracitically fool-proof way of doing it. If you want it done in a few hours, hire an auto sparkie. Spent about an hour drawing/writing this up and an entire day tracing wiring/undoing tape! If wiring gives you a headache stop here...
this is for series 3. well mine was like this. it wouldnt suprise me to see differences in it through the series...

BP Series 3 BA engine loom connections.
2x ECU green plugs
1x interior loom plug

Below is the copy of the above pinout. Grey is blank pins, the first colour from the left is the main wire colour. The colour to the right is the stripe colour. 8+10 I noted with silver bands, but they join further along anyway.

Where they go:

ECU –S refers to the smaller (physically) plug which plugs into the ECU. L refers to the larger one. Note there is only two plugs in series 3 wiring. I stuffed up and missed what should have been number 6 plug on the top, which is called 15. Sorry, I aint changing my labelling on the physical loom. I suggest swapping it if you do use this to save confusion.

1. Temp sensor
2. ECU – L
3. ECU –S
4. ECU –S
5. Spliced with two white cables, one from Diag Box the other from the Dizzy
6. ECU –S
7. Dizzy
8. ECU –S
9. ECU –S
10. Spliced with number 8
11. ECU-S
12. Diag Box
13. Spliced with two Brown with Black stripe, one to ECU –S and the other to gearbox (black plug)
14. Gearbox (front sensor, with white plug)
15. ECU-S

I couldn't be bothered right now to do up a drawing showing the pinouts/colours for the BG loom, but theres TONNES more info on that (Plus wiring manuals) on ford-laser. if anyone can get this more accurate that would be handy. or have ECU pinouts for the two ECU's. having this would have made life ALOT easier for myself
BPT Loom – Black plug

1. Black – Main ground to connection box near Diag box.
2. Green + black – To small ECU-S
3. Empty
4. Empty
5. Empty
6. White – to Diag box
7. Empty
8. Empty
9. Red + green – To plug which broke off (white, looks similar to the gearbox plug with two connections)
10. Yellow + white – To ECU – S
11. Blue + Black – forgot to write down where it went...
12. Empty
13. Green + red – Spliced. To Ignitor and Coil
14. Empty
15. Red + yellow – To ECU – L
16. White + green – To ECU – L
17. Empty
18. Empty
19. Black + red – To ECU – S
20. Black + Yellow – To plug which broke off (number 9)

BPT Loom – White Plug

21. Empty
22. Black + Orange – To injector loom
23. Blue + Red – To ECU – S
24. Empty
25. Green – To ECU – S
26. Empty
27. Empty
28. Orange + Blue – To ECU – S
29. Brown + Yellow – Spliced. One to ECU – S, One to sensor under gearbox?
30. Yellow + Blue (shielded cable) – Spliced, To coil, Ignitor, Diag box. Outside shielding was earthed (Black + Green)
31. Black + Blue – To ECU – S
32. Empty
33. Large Blue – To coil + capacitor/ballast, small black thingo...?