View Single Post
Old 19-04-2006, 10:35 AM   #47
BigMal
1ST BA TURBO MEMBER

Car: BA Astina Turbo
Send a message via ICQ to BigMal Send a message via MSN to BigMal
323F = Non Australian correct ???
There is a sticky about clutches under performance.

Basically the guys are providing a standard daikin upgrade kit (full face organic plate with ~400kg pressure plate) and replacing the diaphram spring with a HD item from i believe a holden of some description which will give the pressure plate a clamp load of about 1900pounds (~800kg). Cost is about $370 delivered to the door.

"If you were to run 800kg of clamp pressure your clutch should be capable of holding approx 225 kw at the flyheel @5000rpms or 320 ft lb of torque.Cost of a full faced organic kit with 800kg of clamp would cost $315 inc gst+ freight"

So what that means is that either Daiken Aus or the local clutch shop have swapped out the springs on the clutch to give it an increased clamping pressure. I know Daiken Aus do custom stuff as I got directly a modified clutch which had 2 steel backing plates added to the clutch plate and a matched machined pressure plate for extra strength.

What you can get over there dont know you would have to ask around about who can change over the springs for you.

Last edited by BigMal; 19-04-2006 at 10:39 AM.
BigMal is offline   Reply With Quote