Hebz
Funkoars - C.O.T.Y

Car: '96 Mazda Hardtop 323 Beast-Version
Ahhh its really starting to get to me

My car used to be a place to chillaxin

Now I have lots of road noise and 4 doors that say "Please Sound Deaden Me"

Makes me want to cry
-------------------------------------------------------
I agree with everything you said Eric, I thought that it might be a proctection of the amp and something was going wrong that made it shut down.

But it can't be that because now it won't turn on. Even after 24 hours of sitting. And it can't be a temperature thing, as it wouldn't run at 2 degrees with the boot open and the aircon running down onto the cables in the foot wells (worth a try ).

And you can rule out the grounding too. Checked both the sub amp and the speakers amp and they have both been grounded sercurly and the area has been sanded back around the metal to provide good connection.

It wouldn't have been clipping, because i was only playing it at half volume both times it has died on me. And Clipping (other than a protection part of the amp) would be affecting the speakers and not so much the amp.

Both amps are mounted in the boot and have plently of ventilation - so I wouldn't be thinking it would be that.

Before the first time the amp dropped out, I had just spent ages tuning it. but it had been running for at least 2 hours before anything happened. I spose it is possible that something was/went wrong with thte tuning - but I highly doubt that it would kill off the power to the amp - more likely to hurt the speakers. And also, the tuning was done by the fitter - who has tuned many a system. Not that this makes him great or anything - but we did have it pushing to the max at one point (the world was coming to an end I swear it ) for a good 2 minutes, which I would assume would do more damage then the aftermath.

I think (Hope) that there is a power cable loose somewhere that i can't seem to get a hold on or can't seem to find.

Oh and my wiring kit was $300 and the grounding wire and power cables are 4 guage (I think).

Still it makes me cry

Heb

EDIT: My amp is also a digital amp - And can apparently be stacked ontop of each other. No that mine are.

Tha Hardtop Beast -- Gallery

Last edited by Hebz; 17-07-2007 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Go figure
Hebz is offline   Reply With Quote